Handguns 1861 Colt percussion Navy .36

kenysd

Private
UPS delivered my 'new' original Colt 1861 .36 Navy round barrel yesterday.

IT FOLLOWED ME HOME HONEY' Then I got THE LOOK...you know what THE LOOK IS...right.
I have to take her to Scotland next spring....but...it really is a nice gun...
Maybe they have guns in Scotland.....
picture here.
all sn match including wedge, tight action, etc. 100% varnish on grips. civilian model...1863 made..
Ken

1861  Colt.jpg

We certainly have guns in Scotland!

I've got a step sister who lives in Oxfordshire and a visit to her included a trip to Scotland. As a farm boy from Ohio, I was impressed by the number of sheep - I think there must be more sheep in Scotland than there are guns.

Beautiful '61! They're my favorites. I dug #3097 years ago on private property at Stones River that is believed to have belonged to a member of the 15th Penn Cavalry (Anderson Troop) killed on 12/29/62.

UPS delivered my 'new' original Colt 1861 .36 Navy round barrel yesterday.

IT FOLLOWED ME HOME HONEY' Then I got THE LOOK...you know what THE LOOK IS...right.
I have to take her to Scotland next spring....but...it really is a nice gun...
Maybe they have guns in Scotland.....
picture here.
all sn match including wedge, tight action, etc. 100% varnish on grips. civilian model...1863 made..
Ken
Have a couple myself. Enjoy!

Interesting thread so I won't start a new one. I was just able to upgrade my 1861 Navy with this revolver.

It followed me home doesn't work in my house. My go to excuse is - "honey I didn't pay too much, I just paid too soon.

View attachment 382969View attachment 382970View attachment 382971View attachment 382972View attachment 382974View attachment 382975View attachment 382976
So you tried the one; 'I bought it for you' and it didn't work ??? Never does....
Nice one! Never understood why the '61 didn't do so hot in sales. It shoots well and handles great. The buying public can be pretty fickle.

Back