1860 Spencer Rifle Serial Search

warman99

Private
hi i have 1860 spencer rifle with a30 in barrel so its not a carbine i have read the wiley sword article on mich spencers and though mine might be one of them so could please check your s r s books for s/n i 1945 and see if there is any info on it iknow that there is nothing on some of the no s i have more pic s if you need them thanks

posted 005.JPG

hi thanks for your offer to help the s/n was nt any help but i guess thas normal for these rifles i will try the link that you gave me and see what happens thanks again

hi thanks for the reply the the s n on the barrel is very clear and that & a punch mark is all that there i will send one of the no on top of receiver also i have more pics if you need them thanks again

posted 006.JPG

That's a good early serial number. There is sometimes the question of whether a Spencer is Model 1860, or a Model 1865, or a Model 1865 manufactured by "Burnside Rifle Co."

hi jeff thank s for your advice on the differnt models someone new like myself could mixed up very easy but ithink this rifle is one of the ones in the wiley sword article but i could be wrong ihaven y seen nothing to change my mind everyone says that these so i have a rare rifle with no history heres a pic of the bore

camp 185.JPG

Back