ENDED 1857 Replica Napoleon full scale

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am thinking about selling my cannon.
3.5" bore, 48" long barrel custom made - black oxide coated
46" oak wooden spoke wheels inside kept.
Olive drab and all antique iron black
Primer fuse shot with no projectiles
Muzzle to trunnion tale 9'
$8000

Photos would be very helpful. Does it have a stainless steel sleeve in the barrel in order to be able to fire rounds?

No it is not sleeved. I had a machinist make a special boring bar and ensure the bore was the same size all the way from one end to the other. I have never shot a projectile out of the barrel except wadding.
IMG_0007.jpg

Thanks for the photos. I do have a few questions. What is the barrel made of? and what is the measurement across the front of the barrel? and what is the main carriage piece made out of. Thanks

Your welcome. The barrel is made from cold rolled steel with Black Oxide coating. It now weight 220lbs.. The bore is approx. 3.5" and the width across the muzzle is 6.125". Total length is 48".
Carriage axle cross member is 8"x8" white oak and the main trunnion in yellow pine laminated to 8" wide.
Thanks for asking.

Your welcome. The barrel is made from cold rolled steel with Black Oxide coating. It now weight 220lbs.. The bore is approx. 3.5" and the width across the muzzle is 6.125". Total length is 48".
Carriage axle cross member is 8"x8" white oak and the main trunnion in yellow pine laminated to 8" wide.
Thanks for asking.
Thanks was just wanting to know its make up as the barrels I put on mine have a stainless steel sleeve thats rated to 80000 psi. Is it rated to fire rounds say with 8 to 12 oz of powder? Nice looking carriage, I make mine from a 12 x 10 x 6 foot solid piece of white oak. Nice wheels where did you get them?

IMG_20160915_112433811.jpg

IMG_20160915_151719793.jpg

IMG_20160915_151741186_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back