1816 Waters musket/bayonet question

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Cavalier

Private
I have an 1816, 69 cal. Waters musket converted to percussion. I would like to know what kind of bayonet is appropriate for that musket. I have a bayonet that fits the barrel however there is no locking ring on the bayonet. I am not sure if that would be correct for this make and model of musket. Thanks in advance for anyone who cares to respond.

Cavalier

Private
@cake1979 The bayonet I bought fifty years after I was given the musket. I was told that the appropriate bayonet probably would not have had the locking ring but that was an educated guess by the seller of the bayonet.

@ucvrelics Thank you very much for the photo! That appears to be what I have.

Thanks to both of you.

Cavalier

Private
@cake1979 The musket was given to me by my father for my 12th birthday in 1956. I have many happy memories of us shooting at tin cans and bottles with it. I dont fire it any more. I explained what musket I had and was directed to this bayonet. I was surprised that there was no locking ring on the bayonet because the US 1816 muskets so closely resembled the French Charleville muskets and their bayonets were equipped with a locking ring.

I agree with you about @ucvrelics! Thanks to him I feel much better about my bayonet!