1809-1860 period covering Lincoln

AUTiger

Private
Far as books that cover Lincolns whole life I know there is Michael Burlingame's bio on Lincoln which covers pretty much everything ,but far as books that cover Lincolns early life really well all the way through his years as a lawyer to the late 1850's has anybody read The Albert Beveridge books,The Young Eagle By Kenneth Winkle, or the new book Becoming Lincoln By William Freehling to say how they are for that period of his life?

There are pounds of books about Lincoln. Take your pick.

David Donald's Lincoln, addresses His young life, if that interests you.

Far as books that cover Lincolns whole life I know there is Michael Burlingame's bio on Lincoln which covers pretty much everything ,but far as books that cover Lincolns early life really well all the way through his years as a lawyer to the late 1850's has anybody read The Albert Beveridge books,The Young Eagle By Kenneth Winkle, or the new book Becoming Lincoln By William Freehling to say how they are for that period of his life?
Burlingame’s first volume pretty much covers the period you are interested in.

I've not read Burlingame's work, but it will surely be, "politically correct."

Buyer beware.

I wish I could interpret books I have not read.

I would normaly agree with you. But sometimes, we know what a book says before we open the cover.

Let me guess, Lincoln was a God?

Thanks for posting.

Well don't read a book about Lincoln if you're convinced there's a bias every, single tome. None of us are getting younger and it can't be good for your blood pressure. Go easy, hang out in an art museum, smell some roses, adopt a puppy and try to remember Lincoln's still dead.

Go easy, hang out in an art museum, smell some roses, adopt a puppy and try to remember Lincoln's still dead.

This is really excellent advice, JPK. :thumbsup:

Back