16th Alabama information

Thank you for the further clarification of screen shots, sharing data, etc. I feel as though I’m properly sharing information with others unless I am able to give a reference to support it. I’m hoping I’ll get better versed on this as I definitely wouldn’t want to cause issues for the forum or myself due to copyright.
Also, thank you to all for adding so very much to my notes on my ancestor. I don’t know that my Daddy ever knew this information as he never shared it with me. I do hope he is having a good day when i next get to speak with him- I want to share this with him as he’s the only one in the family who will understand the significance.
It is so incredible that you all took time out if you’d day to help me and I’m very grateful.
Have a nice rest of your evening!

sharing information with others unless I am able to give a reference to support it. I’m hoping I’ll get better versed on this as I definitely wouldn’t want to cause issues for the forum or myself due to copyright.
If the material is subject to CR, just post your own summary of the info and/or a couple of paragraphs, along with a link to the source. If it is Public Domain, you can post it and a simple source such as National Archives, LOC, Official Records, Volume XXII, page 333., etc. and a link, if you like. If it's a Public Domain book (pub prior to 1925) you can use a simplified bibliography format: Clement A. Evans, Confederate Military History, Volume 8, 1899, page 222. If its a Public Domain newspaper prior to 1923, then a simple citation such as The New York Herald., March 26, 1922, SECTION SEVEN, Page 11 is all that's necessary. You can also include a link to the book, newspaper, or other item if you like, but it is not required or expected.
Also, thank you to all for adding so very much to my notes on my ancestor. I don’t know that my Daddy ever knew this information as he never shared it with me.
The members here are always pleased to be able to provide assistance. If I were you and investigating an individual ancestor, I would post a new thread in the Researching Your Civil War Ancestry sub-Forum. Include everything you know about the person, date of birth, county and state of origin, parents names, regiment and rank, date of death if you know it, and even family stories if you have access to any. Weaving all the pieces together to determine the story is challenge, but if you think Shotts was captured instead of killed, that's a big deal. It's possible there are clues that folks here can help you locate that may solve the mystery. Create a post and put it in Ancestry and see what materializes. You never know.

Back