165th New York

Great model. Hair is terrific, the eyes give him a look of his own. My Texas reenacting group has reenacted at Port Hudson, LA, as the 165th NY where they fought in '63, and we portrayed them at Pleasant Hill, LA, where they were in thick of it a year later in '64. So it's great to see a model of a 165th soldier instead of the usual 5th NY, their sister unit. The photo is my son and me at Pleasant Hill in 2004.

Todd & Phil Touching Elbows.jpg

I am not a modeler, but you will find that each side of a person's face is VERY different from the other side.
I've seen where clear, crisp full on head shot photos are divided right down the middle, and each side mirror imaged to replace the "other side" and you can hardly believe that the "two right side" man is the same guy as "two left side" man!
I don't know what sort of original was used to make this model, but it might be that what you have seen is a sign it was from life, not imagination!
I notice many "Talking Heads" on the news have bent noses. Some are extremely bent to one side.

Great model. Hair is terrific, the eyes give him a look of his own. My Texas reenacting group has reenacted at Port Hudson, LA, as the 165th NY where they fought in '63, and we portrayed them at Pleasant Hill, LA, where they were in thick of it a year later in '64. So it's great to see a model of a 165th soldier instead of the usual 5th NY, their sister unit. The photo is my son and me at Pleasant Hill in 2004.

View attachment 359332
My wife’s Great Grandfather was in The Fifth NY Zouaves. It is nice to see the uniform or the 165th NY.

Back