Trivia 12-17-19 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
Although born in Boston, I was raised in North Carolina. I studied under a future Union general for entrance into West Point but never did attend the school, instead attending the University of North Carolina and later VMI. While a cadet at VMI, I served as a guard for John Brown.

When war came, I served as an officer in a North Carolina regiment, eventually rising to Colonel of the regiment. I was killed in action while leading my regiment into a battle where the regiment would etch it's name into history.

Who am I?

credit: @General Casey

Although born in Boston, I was raised in North Carolina. I studied under a future Union general for entrance into West Point but never did attend the school, instead attending the University of North Carolina and later VMI. While a cadet at VMI, I served as a guard for John Brown.

When war came, I served as an officer in a North Carolina regiment, eventually rising to Colonel of the regiment. I was killed in action while leading my regiment into a battle where the regiment would etch it's name into history.

Who am I?

Col Henry Burgwyn, 26th NC

Who am I?

Henry King Burgwyn, Jr. (1841-1863)

Henry K. Burgwyn
1576604897659.png

Herbst Woods, a.k.a. Reynold's Woods a.k.a. McPherson Woods at Gettysburg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back