Trivia 12-11-2020 Cult Classic TV Show

Status
Not open for further replies.

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
When the lead actor in this science fiction television series mentioned that he was related to a famous Confederate lieutenant general, the series creator named a guest character after him. The character was a bounty hunter who was trying to capture one of the series regulars. Because this turned out to be the last episode of the show that aired, this guest character literally had the last line ever uttered on the show.

Who was the lieutenant general and who was the actor to whom he was reportedly related?

credit: @Gary Morgan

Who was the lieutenant general? Jubal A. Early.
Who was the actor to whom he was reportedly related? Richard Brooks.

Edit - Brooks was the actor who played Jubal Early, but he was not related to the general.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought I would never find the answers to that question, but through sheer luck I seem to have found them!

The lieutenant general was Jubal Anderson Early, the TV show was "Firefly", the actor was Nathan Fillion

When the lead actor in this science fiction television series mentioned that he was related to a famous Confederate lieutenant general, the series creator named a guest character after him. The character was a bounty hunter who was trying to capture one of the series regulars. Because this turned out to be the last episode of the show that aired, this guest character literally had the last line ever uttered on the show.

Who was the lieutenant general and who was the actor to whom he was reportedly related?

credit: @Gary Morgan
Jubal Early; Nathan Fillion

Ok, this one has proved to one of the tough ones; the only reference I could find to an actor on a science fiction television series (The Time Tunnel) was Robert Duvall, who was related to Lt. General Robert E. Lee (on his mother's side). Duval played a guest character by the name of Raul Nimon (a bad guy) in the last episode, but no mention of him being a bounty hunter. Since The Time Tunnel only played for one season, it would qualify as having a "cult" following. Pretty thin, I know, but here are my answers:

1. Who was the lieutenant general ? Robert E. Lee

2. Who was the actor to whome he was reportedly related ? Robert Duvall

Edit - Answer revised in subsequent post.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back