Trivia 10-18-17 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
I enlisted in the 2nd Michigan, moving to other Michigan regiments as the war progressed. Praised for my bravery, my significant other was the exact opposite. I was present for nearly all of the major battles of the Army of the Potomac and received the Kearny Cross for my exploits. I am buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
Who am I?

credit: @MC44

Lorinda Anna "Annie" Blair Etheridge

75f5d64cbc2a73420eb4e4454b75e633.jpg

Gentle Annie: The True Story of a Civil War Nurse - A historical novel about a real hero of the Civil War. Lorinda Anna "Annie" Blair Etheridge (May 3, 1839– January 23, 1913) was a Union nurse and vivandière who served during the American Civil War. She was one of only two women to receive the Kearny Cross.

I enlisted in the 2nd Michigan, moving to other Michigan regiments as the war progressed. Praised for my bravery, my significant other was the exact opposite. I was present for nearly all of the major battles of the Army of the Potomac and received the Kearny Cross for my exploits. I am buried in Arlington National Cemetery.
Who am I?

You are Lorinda Anna "Annie" Blair Etheridge.

Who am I?

Annie Etheridge, Vivandiere
In April 1861, Annie Etheridge joined nineteen other women who enlisted as vivandieres with the Second Michigan Volunteer Regiment. Annie served throughout the rest of the war with the Third and Fifth Michigan Regiments. She became famous for her bravery under fire; after a battle, her skirt was always riddled with bullets. She carried pistols for her protection, saddlebags filled with medical supplies, and she frequently rode on horseback to the line of battle to aid wounded soldiers. She served at the First and Second Bull Run, Antietam, Gettysburg, and Fredericksburg.

She was wounded at the Battle of Chancellorsville, after General George B. McClellan ordered all women out of the camp temporarily. Etheridge had been on the front lines when she was ordered to the rear. As she rode back, a musket ball grazed her hand - it was the only wound she ever received, despite often running or riding through enemy fire to aid the wounded. Immediately after the Battle of Chancellorsville, General David Birney awarded Annie with the Kearny Cross.
vivandiere3-2.jpg

Annie Etheridge in her nursing costume, wearing her Kearny Cross

i am not sure about this one.

Edit - Welcome to the trivia game, morgan3456.

There is no penalty for guessing, although this would have been a tough one to guess the correct answer.

Hope there will soon be a question you'll feel more confident about answering.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
Who am I?

Lorinda Anna "Annie" Blair Etheridge (May 3, 1839– January 23, 1913 )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back