Trivia Question 1-29-19 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
During the war I served in Company F of the 21st Virginia. Though my company originally being from Richmond, our regiment was part the Second Brigade of Stonewall Jackson’s Second Division during his famous Valley Campaign in 1862. Due to recruiting service, my company did not fight in Chancellorsville and Gettysburg; we rejoined our regiment only when the Army of Northern Virginia was retreating south after the defeat at Gettysburg. In 1912, my memoirs were published, the title making reference to Stonewall's fast-marching troops.

Who am I?

credit: @luinrina

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

WJC

Brigadier General
Thread Medic
During the war I served in Company F of the 21st Virginia. Though my company originally being from Richmond, our regiment was part the Second Brigade of Stonewall Jackson’s Second Division during his famous Valley Campaign in 1862. Due to recruiting service, my company did not fight in Chancellorsville and Gettysburg; we rejoined our regiment only when the Army of Northern Virginia was retreating south after the defeat at Gettysburg. In 1912, my memoirs were published, the title making reference to Stonewall's fast-marching troops.

Who am I?

credit: @luinrina
John H. Worsham (1839-1920), author of One of Jackson's Foot Cavalry: His Experience and what He Saw During the War 1861-1865, Including a History of "F Company," Richmond, Va., 21st Regiment Virginia Infantry, Second Brigade, Jackson's Division, Second Corps, A. N. Va. (New York: the Neale company, 1912).

Another one from my "to read" pile ...
You are John H. Worsham and your book is titled "One of Jackson's Foot Cavalry"

"Published in 1912, these are the recollections of John Worsham of his time in the 21st Virginia Infantry, Company F, under the command of Confederate General "Stonewall" Jackson. Includes a history of Company "F" of the 21st Virginia, Army of Northern Virginia."

https://www.amazon.com/One-Jacksons-Foot-Cavalry-Experience/dp/1477684794

JOHN H. WORSHAM
AN OLD F., RICHMOND, VA.

ONE OF JACKSON'S
FOOT CAVALRY
HIS EXPERIENCE AND WHAT HE SAW
DURING THE WAR 1861-1865

INCLUDING A HISTORY OF "F COMPANY," RICHMOND,
VA., 21st REGIMENT VIRGINIA INFANTRY,
SECOND BRIGADE, JACKSON'S DIVISION,
SECOND CORPS, A. N. VA.

https://docsouth.unc.edu/fpn/worsham/worsham.html#wor108

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)