Trivia 1-25-19 Who Am I? & Bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
My father was a Confederate General, killed at Petersburg, and as I was a graduate of West point I wrote a book about a major battle of the Civil War. I was a survivor of the R.M.S. Titanic disaster.

Who am I?
What was the title of the book I wrote about the Civil War?

credit: @Ole Miss

Bonus: Only one person received both the Thanks of Congress and a Congressional Gold Medal during the Civil War. Who is he?
credit: @Mike Serpa

You are Archibald Gracie IV, son of Confederate BG Archibald Gracie III.
Your book was titled The Truth about the Titanic and is still available today under the title Titanic: A Survivor's Story.

Bonus: Ulysses S. Grant.

Edit - Name of book corrected in subsequent post.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
Correction: The title of the book about the Civil War was The Truth about the Chickamauga.

Edit - But the correction is still wrong. The book about the Titanic was The Truth about the Titanic, but the Civil War book was The Truth about Chickamauga, without the word "the" before "Chickamauga."

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
ARCHIBALD GRACIE IV

Book: The Truth about Chickamauga, by Archibald Gracie
1548426258144.png

Archibald Gracie IV (image below) was born in Mobile, Alabama, a descendant of the Scottish-American Gracie family of New York, who built Gracie Mansion where New York's mayor lives. His father was a Confederate officer and died at Petersburg, while Archibald served as a colonel with the 7th New York militia, and later authored the Civil War book titled, The Truth About Chickamauga. He survived the Titanic disaster.
1548425841990.png

Bonus: Ulysses S. Grant was the only person to receive the Congressional Gold Medal during the Civil War.

My father was a Confederate General, killed at Petersburg, and as I was a graduate of West point I wrote a book about a major battle of the Civil War. I was a survivor of the R.M.S. Titanic disaster.

Who am I?
What was the title of the book I wrote about the Civil War?

credit: @Ole Miss
Archibald Gracie IV (1859-1912). He wrote The Truth About Chickamauga. (New York: Houghton Mifflin, 1911).

Bonus: Only one person received both the Thanks of Congress and a Congressional Gold Medal during the Civil War. Who is he?
credit: @Mike Serpa
Ulysses S. Grant (1822-1885).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back