Trivia 1-22-20 Who Am I?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
I was born April 25, 1822 in Boston, Massachusetts. In 1836 I ran away to sea aboard a whaling ship called "The Shark". I then served in the U.S. Navy until the age of 21. When the California Gold Rush struck in 1849 I chased riches in the west and returned home several years later no wealthier than when I left. While my father and brother took fiery stands against slavery, I became a staunch supporter of the Confederacy. When the war broke out, I joined the Lamar Rangers, which became part of the Fifth Georgia Calvary of the Confederacy. I served as a company clerk and wrote music for the Confederacy. I am also best known for writing and composing one of the most performed and most recognizable songs in the world.

1) Who am I?
2) What is the name of my song?

credit: @Soldier Boy

I was born April 25, 1822 in Boston, Massachusetts. In 1836 I ran away to sea aboard a whaling ship called "The Shark". I then served in the U.S. Navy until the age of 21. When the California Gold Rush struck in 1849 I chased riches in the west and returned home several years later no wealthier than when I left. While my father and brother took fiery stands against slavery, I became a staunch supporter of the Confederacy. When the war broke out, I joined the Lamar Rangers, which became part of the Fifth Georgia Calvary of the Confederacy. I served as a company clerk and wrote music for the Confederacy. I am also best known for writing and composing one of the most performed and most recognizable songs in the world.

1) Who am I?
2) What is the name of my song?

credit: @Soldier Boy

1) James Pierpont
2) "Jingle Bells"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back