04-14-21 The back end of forwarding secret information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trivia Master

The Keeper of Knowledge
Forum Host
Question:
In 2009, the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond, Virginia, was shown a strange object. It was made of brass and had no inscriptions or markings. The lady who presented it said that according to family lore, one of her ancestors, a Confederate soldier, had used that object to smuggle secret messages. Museum officials were intrigued by the object, but the lady declined to donate it.

How did the lady who showed the Museum officials that special object call it?

credit: @FarawayFriend

I hope you had fun finding the answer to this question - and maybe were awed by the object :D

I'm currently taking a break from Trivia, but I may say that when I was new to the game years ago, we had a more difficult question targeting that same object. And I admit that back then I could not find out what it was. But as I think playing is much more fun if people have a good chance to find the answer, I have chosen a different access and now it should have been quite easy.

Good luck everyone!

The secret hiding place. In 2009, a woman visited the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond, Virginia, with an acorn-shaped object in hand. It was made of brass and had no inscriptions or markings. She said that according to family lore, one of her ancestors, a Confederate soldier, used the device to smuggle secret messages, hiding it in his posterior until he reached his destination. Museum officials were intrigued by what she called a “rectal acorn,” but she declined to donate it.
1618417474134.png

Question:
In 2009, the Museum of the Confederacy in Richmond, Virginia, was shown a strange object. It was made of brass and had no inscriptions or markings. The lady who presented it said that according to family lore, one of her ancestors, a Confederate soldier, had used that object to smuggle secret messages. Museum officials were intrigued by the object, but the lady declined to donate it.

How did the lady who showed the Museum officials that special object call it?

credit: @FarawayFriend
She called it a "rectal acorn".
Source: Karen Abbott, "
Seven Obscure Facts You Didn’t Know About the Civil War", Smithsonian Magazine, November 15, 2011. https://www.smithsonianmag.com/hist...ts-you-didnt-know-about-the-civil-war-178230/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back