03-12-21 Finxin' For A Funeral

Status
Not open for further replies.

ami

First Lady of CivilWarTalk
Super Moderator
1) Which Confederate general was given the nickname "Billy Fixin' "

2) At his funeral, 8 pallbearers (4 Union, 4 Confederate) carried him to his grave. Among these were 3 Union Generals (Parke, Casey and McFeely) and 3 Confederate Generals (Heth, Charles Field and Beverly Robertson). Who were the other two pallbearers? Please give at least surnames and rank.
Hint: we have a thread on the mysterious pallbearers

credit: @FarawayFriend

*yeah, sorry about the title. it's inappropriate, and while I'm sitting here thinking how inappropriate it is, the funnier it seams.

1. Major General Cadmus Marcellus Wilcox
2. See news Article of his funeral

Wilcox.jpg

Edit - Players are reminded - please, express your answers to all parts of the question in your own words. Do not submit a picture of an article and ask me to assume that you picked the correct information out of the article.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
1615569450044.png

Edit - Players are reminded - please, express your answers to all parts of the question in your own words. Do not submit a picture of an article and ask me to assume that you picked the correct information out of the article.

hoosier

Last edited by a moderator:
1) Which Confederate general was given the nickname "Billy Fixin' "

2) At his funeral, 8 pallbearers (4 Union, 4 Confederate) carried him to his grave. Among these were 3 Union Generals (Parke, Casey and McFeely) and 3 Confederate Generals (Heth, Charles Field and Beverly Robertson). Who were the other two pallbearers? Please give at least surnames and rank.
Hint: we have a thread on the mysterious pallbearers

credit: @FarawayFriend

*yeah, sorry about the title. it's inappropriate, and while I'm sitting here thinking how inappropriate it is, the funnier it seams.
1. Cadmus M. Wilcox (1824-1890).
2. Major Davis, USA, and Colonel Harvey, CSA. In addition, U. S. Senators Gibson, Vance, and Butler; U. S. Representatives Wheeler, Forney, Herbert.
Source: https://civilwartalk.com/attachments/1606908912561-png.383087/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back