NF “Longstreet at Gettysburg” just released

Non-Fiction
I have my copy ordered from Amazon. I received a notice that the estimated arrival date has been pushed back to April 16th. I always go with the paper version because I refer to the book over and over again. Yes, I mark pages so I’m afraid my library isn’t worth much :whistling:

I have my copy ordered from Amazon. I received a notice that the estimated arrival date has been pushed back to April 16th. I always go with the paper version because I refer to the book over and over again. Yes, I mark pages so I’m afraid my library isn’t worth much :whistling:

Thank you, War Horse. I’ve been in contact with my publisher about the Amazon delay. It seems to be an issue on Amazon’s end. That arrival date should be moving up by the day and I wouldn’t expect it to take that long (April 16).

Thank you, War Horse. I’ve been in contact with my publisher about the Amazon delay. It seems to be an issue on Amazon’s end. That arrival date should be moving up by the day and I wouldn’t expect it to take that long (April 16).
You couldn’t have been more right! I received an e-mail today from Amazon that my copy has shipped. I’ll have it any day now :smile:

I just finished the book this weekend (Kindle edition). @cpfarr01, I enjoyed it very much and learned some new things. I particularly liked the emphasis on how our "knowledge" of the battle is shaped by historical interpretation which is not necessarily accurate -- in this case the Lost Cause arguments that successfully discredited Longstreet, from which his reputation has never fully recovered.

I just finished the book this weekend (Kindle edition). @cpfarr01, I enjoyed it very much and learned some new things. I particularly liked the emphasis on how our "knowledge" of the battle is shaped by historical interpretation which is not necessarily accurate -- in this case the Lost Cause arguments that successfully discredited Longstreet, from which his reputation has never fully recovered.

@Andy Cardinal, thanks very much for your comments and review. I'm glad you enjoyed it and learned some new things. If at all possible for you, please consider posting your review on the book's Amazon product page. Since it was just released, the page doesn't have any reviews and they're really helpful to authors and other readers. Again, thanks very much.

Nor will it ever be.

Back