Ω Biography Forum Discussion & Thanks

My staff of biography writers is very small right now if you think you might have what it takes to write biographies for others to enjoy please step forward. I will be more then happy to help you with a template or you can come up with one of your own. Also we need a photographer for grave pictures if you love to take pictures and always wanted to help the site step forward we could use your help. We currently need photographers and writers from everywhere. If your interested in joining the crew we would love to have you. This would be a big help to me.

I happily wrote the Generals for the membership last year and I added Colonels. I started this year writing on the politicians of the war but I feel there is a lack of interest in these gentlemen. So I propose a question what would you like me to write on in 2021? I put some choices below I will write what the majority of the vote is.

- Colonels
- Keep writing the Statesmen
- Civil War women
- Brevet Union Generals
- We have had enough of your writing time for you to retire
Rob, I enjoy your biographies. I think you should continue to write about the statesmen and politicians. After all, it was those bunch of dolts who caused the whole thing.

I am going to start writing some Biography profiles on Confederate Generals Wives and then we will switch sides after I have covered the Generals on the Confederate side. If you have any information on the wives such as education and etc. and would like to share it with me so I can write some of the best profiles for each of them if you could send me a message on what you can offer I would appreciate it. My sources are very low for General Wives especially backgrounds so anything you can offer would be helpful.

Have you ever thought of someone you would like to write on?
Have you said well maybe I will just submit a request for writing?

Why not become a writer yourself It's a fun role for the website. We currently have one person doing a majority of these profiles. That being me I could certainly use other people to do writing as This is not my fulltime job and I can't always jump on a request. Now is your chance to join the Biography forum as a writer we need people to write on Confederate and Union Colonels, Naval Officers, Some Generals, Forgotten Friday, Requests and etc. I will teach you the format we currently use or you can use one of your own. We could also use some more commentators. The Biography forum is one of the most active forums posting something new almost everyday. So if you would like to sign up to help in some capacity we would certainly love to have your help. Just message me and let me know what you would be interested in writing on that way we can make sure it hasn't already been written on as we have one of the best databases of Civil War people you will find anywhere on the internet.

Starting in 2022 The biography forum will start a series on CSN and USN Officers. Currently I only have a listing of A partial around Richmond and the James River Squadron. I know of the most famous Naval officers but I was wondering if someone knew if there was a complete listing of Naval officers for both sides. If you know Naval officers please submit their names in this thread as we will not want to over look anyone and we want to build the biggest of Naval officers like we did for the Army. This may very well take more then one year to complete and that's totally fine. I just wanted to let everyone know of the plans for 2022.

After the Naval listing is complete totally then we will look at what's next and that could very well be surgeons, abolitionists, West Point Classes and whatever else comes to mind. Please keep in mind some of these profiles take hours to write and are not done less then an hour as I take pride in every profile written. Also remember these profiles are to honor. I have learned since my start of writing profiles over 10 years ago it can be both fun and challenging.

Visiting cemeteries to get pictures can be very challenging as I work a fulltime job and I only am able to visit cemeteries in my off days and vacations at my own expense. So if you would like to help with pictures of graves I welcome you to message me. You don't even have to leave your area there are so many officers and other important people thru out the United States and other countries.

Thanks,
Gentleman Rob

Starting in 2021 we will start a new series on naval officers. This series will not be a one year series in that so many navy officers on both sides are left to be discovered. This last Saturday I started visiting the graves of navy officers. I can tell from what I have seen these officers don't get many visitors like generals do. I am excited to set my sail and learn about these officers. This will be at least a two year series. Some of the higher up officers I am sure everyone has heard of but there were many you will learn about firstly.

Dear Members,
It has been my honor to write for the website for the last three plus years. I have enjoyed every challenge that was brought my way. Some days have been easier than others to locate information on these important people of the Civil War period. I want to thank Mike for allowing me the chance to write on the website. I want to thank Polloco and Luke Freet for always offering support. I feel we have one of the most detailed and profiled areas on the web for people to enjoy and learn about people they may not have ever heard of. With this said next year with Mike's approval I will be writing on Naval officers as well as Colonels will continue, and we might even post some Lt. Colonel's and Major's. I will not be posting new profiles everyday however as I have come to the point in my life where I would like to pursue other activities such as touring old houses, reading books on noncivil war people such as President's before and after the war. I want wish everyone a Happy Holiday (Merry Christmas) and prosperous New Years. Thanks again everyone for what everyone does to make the profile area a success.

Sincerely,
Gentleman Rob

Back