Your favorite "food for thought"

Hey BH,

Regarding the disaster burrito: I'm a little curious to know whether the disaster comes during or after the meal?

By the way, I did have a math problem and I tried calling that number in your sig line. It was busy.

Pork and apple sausages
Chips (proper chips not those McDonald fries)
Peas
Onion gravy

Chocolate sponge pudding
Custard

Washed down with Marstons Pedigree/Kent Spitfire/Courage Directors/Old Speckled Hen

Just found this thread. Could it be moved to Food Forum?

As to a favorite meal for me:

Start with Basil Tomato Soup

Waldorf Salad

Fried Chicken

Mashed Potatoes, Spinach and Corn on the Cob

Dessert : Chocolate Pudding Cake.

Some Iced Tea or Coffee to drink.

Wow, this is hard. I think I have to go with lobster. Actually I think I want to go surf and turf. The theme of this meal seems to be "butter and stuff dipped in butter." The only thing that doesn't have butter in it is the salad.

Appetizer: artichoke with melted butter.

All the lobster you can eat, again, butter. Very rare steak crusted nicely on the outside.

Herb salad with toasted walnuts and strawberries and goat cheese, balsamic vinegrette made with good quality olive oil and balmasic vinegar.

Baked potato, yet more butter. Grilled vegetables: asparagus, summer squash, zucchini, corn on the cob.

For dessert, hard pears (I have trouble explaining this dish but you end up with hot cooked pears, and butter sauce with crystallized sugar on the top. Apparently no one calls them this anymore outside my family) with ice cream.

Limeade.

My favorite meal would be a nice big Indian taco with a Pepsi - the Karuk national beverage! Real Texas chili, no beans, no hamburger - just good chunks of well-seasoned beef. Tender golden fry bread. Fresh tomatoes, zesty salsa... :angel:

Back