Winchester,Va.

Beltplate53

Corporal
If I wanted to go on vacation during the summer,shoot blackpowder and get to dress in period clothing, when would be a good time to do that next year?I'm also thinking of taking the sons to Harpers Ferry WVa. though I've heard the motel over looking the valley is no more.

Dear Beltplate53

Sounds like you would like to start shooting in the North-South Skirmish Association! The Musket Team Matches are pure and simple heart stopping, adrenaline pumping excitement! You have to shoot as fast as you can and hit every breakable target on your team's frame as fast as possible. The team that breaks all of the targets on their frame in the least amount of time WINS!

Anyway, there are a bunch of great teams in New York state! You can attend Skirmishes in New York, Pennsylvania and elsewhere and then come down to Fort Shenandoah, right outside of Winchester, VA for both the Spring and Fall N-SSA Nationals.

http://www.ner-n-ssa.org/

Just contact the teams via the links and you will find one that you might consider joining. Each and every N-SSA team has their own "Personality" and all Welcome inquiries from fellow black powder shooters considering joining.

During the Summer there is a Skirmish almost every weekend at Fort Shenandoah. If you are a N-SSA member you can show up and usually find a spot on a team that needs another shooter.

Years ago I owned a camper, I and a friend of mine, a fellow Skirmisher, spent one Summer going to Skirmishes in New York state, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Maryland and Kentucky. We had a wonderful time.

Here is the link to the main N-SSA website-read all about the various activities Skirmishers engage in:

www.n-ssa.org/

All My Best

Southron, Sr.,

Oh yes! Skirmishing is a family activity. If your boys are under 15 years old, they can shoot in the BB Gun Matches where they can win medals in competition. If they are 15 or older, with your permission and chaperoning them-they can become N-SSA members and shoot of the firing line right along side you.

We have teams in the N-SSA where 3 Generations of a family shoot on one team: Grandfather, Son or Daughter and Grand kids over 15!

I'm not on a team but would like to bring my son's and check it out or get my feet wet as they say.Being a former Marine , I can shoot with the big boys and gals.

Back