William T Davis - 33rd Alabama Inf Reg

rickvox79

First Sergeant
Looking to see if I can find any information on Private William T Davis, Company A, 33rd Alabama Infantry Regiment. I just recently found him on Ancestry (uncle) and I see that someone listed his death place as Perryville, Kentucky but no other information. That makes me think he died in the Battle of Perryville because there is no other information on him after the 1860 census. Thanks for the help!

Very cool. I had a family member, Pvt. Henry R. Goolsby in Co. K. They were one of Lowrey's Regiments under Cleburne and saw a ton of action.

33rdalflag.jpg

Bumping this to see if anyone can take a look for William T Davis, Company A, 33rd Alabama Infantry Regiment and any info on him. I have found also found six Donaldson's in company A which is out of Coffee County. I'm related to a lot of Donaldson's out that county so guessing I am related to them. Just trying to match them up at this point.

The W. T. Davis I found was nineteen years old, wounded and left behind at Perryville and died of his wounds. No date of death.

Thanks Gunny, that sounds like him probably. Question regarding the 33rd Alabama that you may or may not know. I just started looking into the regiment and saw that there is a diary written by W.E. Mathews Preston that seems to be referenced a lot in terms of the history of the 33rd. I couldn't find it online anywhere but I did see it in the Alabama Archives. Is it out there anywhere for downloading like in Word in PDF format?

Back