Union Gulags---Reeducation Camps

5fish

Captain
Its the end of May 1865 and the Republican Radicals along with the backing of a group of union generals pass legislation and force the President Johnson to sign into law that orders the capture and the detention of all confederate officers above LT. Col. and selected confederate political official, without trial.

The purpose of the detentions was to reeducate them above Constitution and paid for their crimes against the federal state.

The union army stated building camps in the Western territories and throughout the south the union army began rounding up the appropriate confederate criminals. Within weeks numerous camps began to fill up. The confederates like Lee, Davis, Longstreet, D. Hill and many more lesser known ones as well are being reeducated out in the Western lands

These camps or Gulags were not prison or prison camps but reeducation camps with indoctrination in the Constitution and hard labor to repent for their traitorous acts. These Gulags were run by the Color Troop regiments to remind these confederate criminals of slavery's evils...

As the years past the law was expanded to include any Southern that became disruptive or hostel toward Federal rule in the south.

Think how better off Reconstruction would have been with the leadership of the failed Confederacy had been shipped off to Gulags in the west.

What if the Federal Government had created Reeducation Camps(Gulags?

Just curious Fish, just going by the theme of this thread and of previous recent threads you've started, am I correct in assuming that you think the leaders of the Confederacy should have been punished more than they were, after the end of the war?

How! The people who wanted to end the republic would all be reeducation camps....learning about Democratic values.

It would have saved our republic much heart ache during Reconstruction....

Just curious Fish, just going by the theme of this thread and of previous recent threads you've started, am I correct in assuming that you think the leaders of the Confederacy should have been punished more than they were, after the end of the war?

Yes, they brought the horror of war to our nation in the name of evil, Slavery...

How! The people who wanted to end the republic would all be reeducation camps....learning about Democratic values.

Wow, I never imagined until now, that reconstruction could have been even more horrendous than it was!

And the first democratic value they may have learned was that the United States of America is not a democracy, it is a consitutional republic. This is a big difference.

I might add that if the US was a democracy there probably would have been gulags, along with all of the other insane what-if's that have been put forth in the last few weeks. Democracies led to mob rule, that is why Greece fell.

Those who would accept absurdities will commit atrocities.

The atrocity was the war 10,000 of thousands dead in the name of slavery.

With this type of law in place those race riots in New Orleans and Memphis would have ended with hundreds of white Southerns being ship west. With this type of law those white militias like the KKK could have easier to handle because the union army would have come into area and just arrest the local white Southerns and send them west. No trials just swift justice....

With a law enforcing the Gulags the Black and Tans would have had time grow and become a viable force in the old confederate states. There would have been no Mississippi plan of the 1870's because the first signs of violence union army come in and sent more local white Southerns shipped west to be reeducated....

Swift Justice.....

If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao,
You ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow

-- John Lennon

If you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao,
You ain't gonna make it with anyone anyhow

-- John Lennon

Glorybound: Don't you know it's gonna be....alright..

Lennon

There's something happening here
What it is ain't exactly clear
There's a man with a gun over there
Telling me I got to beware

I think it's time we stop, children, what's that sound
Everybody look what's going down

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Young people speaking their minds
Getting so much resistance from behind

I think it's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

What a field-day for the heat
A thousand people in the street
Singing songs and carrying signs
Mostly say, hooray for our side

It's time we stop, hey, what's that sound

Paranoia strikes deep
Into your life it will creep
It starts when you're always afraid
You step out of line, the man come and take you away

We better stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, hey, what's that sound
Stop, now, what's that sound
Stop, children, what's that sound

Buffalo Springfield, For What It's Worth.

Unionblue

If the union had thrown the Confederate Leadership into Gulags, Lee would have died in some Western land buried some field without veneration as he was. Gulags are not good for ones health many famed Confederates would have died and buried in open fields without fanfare, just loneliness. If the union had thrown them all in reeducation camps, maybe today we would not venerating confederates icons as we do....

Back