Transcription Assistance Please

DaveBrt

1st Lieutenant
Could I get help with the below document. Sharp was the Officer in Charge of the Confederate Locomotive Shop in Raleigh at this time. I've figured out a few words, but will not give my thoughts in order to not influence your attempts.

96.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow thats a tough one @DaveBrt Really bad handwriting. Are you sure its not a surgeon's handwriting? :bounce:

Raleigh Dec 26, 1862

Please have the enclosed buckeye filed with my ____turn in ____ ____ in the Qtr master office ____ ____ for the 1st Qtr ____ of his gem are completed and will be sent for in a day or so

Thos R Sharp
AQM

Last edited:
Dec 26th

Dear ______

Please have the
Enclosed package filed with my
_____ __ last year in the Qtr master office
_________ for the 1st & 2nd quarter of this
year are completed and will be sent
for in a day or so.

Tho. R Sharp
A.Q.M.

______

His Fs and Ys look alike.

I did a little work and from what I see it starts with "Please have the enclosed package filled with yada yada and when completed will be sent for in a day or two. I'll keep at it after THE GAME. ROLL TIDE

With thanks to Andy, I think we have:

Dear ??? (Venable?)
Please have the enclosed package filed with my return for last year in the Qr Masters office
My returns for the 1st & 2nd quarters of this year are completed and will be sent you in a day or so
Yours truly
Thos R Sharp
A. Q. M.

So it looks like its just about some paperwork. Good Job Andy better eyes than mine but I do have one eye on THE GAME,
2883_alabama_crimson_tide-alternate-2001.png

Back