Tomatoes and Lima Bean Salad

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Tomatoes and Lima Bean Salad was old recipe of my Granny's. She made it for lunch for the family many a time.
Tomatoes and Lima Beans

4 tomatoes
1 1/2 cups lima beans, cooked
1 tablespoon parsley
2 tablespoons of onion, grated
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
2 tablespoons celery, minced
salt and pepper to taste
French Dressing

Cut a slice from top of each tomato and remove pulp with a spoon, Mix beans, parsley, onion , nuts and celery with French Dressing to moisten. Fill tomatoes with the mixture and chill. Serve with more dressing. You can use other types of dressing.

Tomatoes and Lima Bean Salad was old recipe of my Granny's. She made it for lunch for the family many a time.
Tomatoes and Lima Beans

4 tomatoes
1 1/2 cups lima beans, cooked
1 tablespoon parsley
2 tablespoons of onion, grated
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
2 tablespoons celery, minced
salt and pepper to taste
French Dressing

Cut a slice from top of each tomato and remove pulp with a spoon, Mix beans, parsley, onion , nuts and celery with French Dressing to moisten. Fill tomatoes with the mixture and chill. Serve with more dressing. You can use other types of dressing.
That is a different take on a stuffed tomato.never a thought about having one that way.being I love limas and butter beans it sounds worth a try for one of our dog days of summer which starts at 6:34pm. Tonight.

Family Recipe for French Dressing

1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup salad oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon black pepper

Mix ingredients together in order given. Beat together with fork or shake in bottle. Chill. Makes 1 cup.

Back