TO Appomattox

Deadwood was great I miss that one but apparently the scriptwriters basically ran out of ideas............
On my bluray in the features they said they had a lot of story lines planned but HBO pulled the plug. They were going to add some new characters. Too bad I liked that as the characters were for the most part based on real people.

Reactions: Lee
On my bluray in the features they said they had a lot of story lines planned but HBO pulled the plug. They were going to add some new characters. Too bad I liked that as the characters were for the most part based on real people.

Interesting..........Dayum HBO. There was a time when they had some really great series going back to the Sopranos, Big Love, and Deadwood. I agree with you about some of the characters being based on real people. Deadwood was really good stuff sez I.

Interesting..........Dayum HBO. There was a time when they had some really great series going back to the Sopranos, Big Love, and Deadwood. I agree with you about some of the characters being based on real people. Deadwood was really good stuff sez I.
Boardwalk Empire is decent, not as good as Deadwood, but I just bought the 1rst 2 seasons on bluray. I will wait till it comes out and get the 3rd. That Nucky sure has a way of coming out on top. That Woman will be the death of him though.:smile:

Boardwalk Empire is decent, not as good as Deadwood, but I just bought the 1rst 2 seasons on bluray. I will wait till it comes out and get the 3rd. That Nucky sure has a way of coming out on top. That Woman will be the death of him though.:smile:
Boardwalk Empire has very high production values. The very large set was built in a largely abandoned section of Brooklyn. Recently, they blew up a section of the boardwalk set and a large crowd turned out to watch the fireworks. Can't wait to see that episode.

I am able to keep up with these cable series by using the "On Demand" function of my cable provider. It lets me see hows up to a couple of months after they were aired.

I vaguely recall that Deadwood was scheduled for a new season when HBO cancelled this award winning series. To salvage the pre-production work, HBO announced that they would produce a theatrical movie which would wrap up the series. Nothing happened there. The reasons behind HBO's decisions have never been made public as far as I know.

Handing ole a cup of strong coffee.<g> Tmh10 allow me to flaunt my ignorance. What is Bluray? Is it DVDs one receives via mail or a service one must subscribe to for a monthly fee?

This topic is drifting. Can anybody confirm that this project is still moving forward with shooting schedules, release dates, etc.?

This month they posted on facebook that they had nothing to announce, but they had a network committed but are currently hammering out negotiations with all the major players.

"Network announcements are the network's prerogative, so unfortunately that's not something we will discuss. And yes, our cast is absolutely on board. The thing to remember about the cast is that many of them approached us about participating. Usually it's the other way around. We are very fortunate to have a cast that's energized and anticipating working on this. If changes have to be made to accommodate schedules, we will announce that here."

Preproduction is planned for December, shooting in March. Also, the title had been changed to Grant vs. Lee because in testing it with average Americans it was found to be about 1000% more effective. It doesn't actually describe the real series, as it will cover much more of the war than just Grant vs. Lee.

There was an exchange a few months ago on this board that indicated that the producers were at a crucial stage with getting approvals from the money guys. Did this /these meeting(s) come off? If so to what result?

The cast and experts advertised do not appear to be be more than people who have expressed an interest in being involved. Maybe a few out of work actors are more committed than others but otherwise, very little concrete things have developed prior to the announcement of proposed meetings with the money people.

Although I would welcome such a series, I would not get worked up over what has seemed to be little more than hype so far.
This is what I keep thinking. All I've heard on this project lately is Facebook pleas to click on an IMDB page.

This month they posted on facebook that they had nothing to announce, but they had a network committed but are currently hammering out negotiations with all the major players.

"Network announcements are the network's prerogative, so unfortunately that's not something we will discuss. And yes, our cast is absolutely on board. The thing to remember about the cast is that many of them approached us about participating. Usually it's the other way around. We are very fortunate to have a cast that's energized and anticipating working on this. If changes have to be made to accommodate schedules, we will announce that here."

Preproduction is planned for December, shooting in March. Also, the title had been changed to Grant vs. Lee because in testing it with average Americans it was found to be about 1000% more effective. It doesn't actually describe the real series, as it will cover much more of the war than just Grant vs. Lee.
So is the cast on board, or are they still hammering out negotiations? lol

I'd like to see this go forward, but won't be holding my breath. Oh and Deadwood was the best thing that ever appeared on TV. "Those that doubt me....." :wink:

So is the cast on board, or are they still hammering out negotiations? lol

I'd like to see this go forward, but won't be holding my breath. Oh and Deadwood was the best thing that ever appeared on TV. "Those that doubt me....." :wink:
Agree on Deadwood and I hope if the Lee vs Grant is done, they do it right.

Reactions: Lee
i see major resemblances too all the characters, even Rob Lowe as Grant, put a beard on him and cover him in mud and WAHLA! you have Grant

Back