Somebody please help me figure out if this is real

Relic hunter

Cadet
I just found this and I'm wondering if its real or fake? And if it is real is it confederate or union? I think its a veterans or pre war hat but I'm new to collecting and I just don't know. Any help would be appreciated. I can also add more pictures

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 185
  • s-l400 (1).jpg
    s-l400 (1).jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 173
Absolutely positively not, sorry, it is a reproduction and a poor one at that, more of a 1970's biker hat. Keep huntin' they are still out there and surfacing everyday......

What material is that? The body looks like suede, and the bill/bottom band a smooth glove leather. Those rivet backs don't look like anything I have ever seen on a 19th century item. Im guessing 1960-1970s vintage. Novelty item. Vintage yes. Civil War vintage no.

Thank you guys very much. It didn't look quite right to me so I joined this forum to ask you guys and since it was on eBay I was doubting that it was real. It just didn't look right

As a beginner, you might want to start picking up a few inexpensive reference books, my favorite is the TIME LIFE "Echoes of Glory", which may be picked up on eBay or Amazon fairly cheap.

Collectable item from the 1970's... modern fantasy piece... body of cap is made of suede... .... cant call it a reproduction since it isnt replicating anything that ever actually existed... Yep its a cap... but that's where all other similarities end.. value might be a couple bucks at a flea market or yard sale.... that's about it...

Back