NF Shameless self-promotion, May 31, 2016 edition

Non-Fiction

Eric Wittenberg

1st Lieutenant
Keeper of the Scales
Friends, here I am to engage in yet more shameless self-promotion....

I'm pleased and proud to announce that my 19th book on the Civil War, on the Second Battle of Winchester and the fighting at Martinsburg, June 1863, has been published by Savas-Beatie. Titled The Second Battle of Winchester: The Confederate Victory that Opened the Door to Gettysburg, my friend Scott Mingus (an award-winning historian in his own right) and I have combined to bring forth hundreds of previously unknown sources that put more meat on the bones of these complex and fascinating actions than has previously been attempted. Featuring some excellent maps by Hal Jespersen, and a nice foreword by Prof. Jonathan Noyalas, the book also includes a driving tour complete with GPS coordinates, something my work is known for.

Scott and I are both very proud of this work, and we had a great time working together to bring it to life. The book has been picked up by the History and Military Book Clubs and will also be available there for those who are members of either or both.

It can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161121288X/?tag=civilwartalkc-20

As always, I appreciate your support of my work, and I hope that you enjoy it. Signed copies are available. Please contact me privately if that's of interest.

615o6gZVg9L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm pleased and proud to announce that my 19th book on the Civil War, on the Second Battle of Winchester and the fighting at Martinsburg, June 1863, has been published by Savas-Beatie. Titled The Second Battle of Winchester: The Confederate Victory that Opened the Door to Gettysburg, my friend Scott Mingus (an award-winning historian in his own right) and I have combined to bring forth hundreds of previously unknown sources that put more meat on the bones of these complex and fascinating actions than has previously been attempted. Featuring some excellent maps by Hal Jespersen, and a nice foreword by Prof. Jonathan Noyalas, the book also includes a driving tour complete with GPS coordinates, something my work is known for.

Scott and I are both very proud of this work, and we had a great time working together to bring it to life. The book has been picked up by the History and Military Book Clubs and will also be available there for those who are members of either or both.

It can be found here: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/161121288X/?tag=civilwartalkc-20

As always, I appreciate your support of my work, and I hope that you enjoy it. Signed copies are available. Please contact me privately if that's of interest.

View attachment 101475
Congratulations Eric, looking forward to adding it to my collection.

My wife's great great grandfater fought at Winchester.

But it was the Third Battle of Winchester. A bad day for the Confederates....

Good luck with book, Eric.

Call it shameless if you want, Eric, but lots of us appreciate being informed when your latest book is ready for us to read!

Thanks, MaryDee. I've never particularly enjoyed blowing my own horn, and I'm not good at it. But it comes with the territory, and it's something I have to do. I prefer to let the work speak for itself, but I also have an obligation to help Ted sell books. It's a double-edged sword.

Congrats!

Hope number 20 comes out soon. Nice round number :smile:

BTW, just noticed that the above link was amazon Canada (kinda messes with you if you have an account in Amazon US.) The US amazon link is here.

View attachment 101475

Weird pricing on this link…..CANADA???

Yee-hah!!!!!! My great-great and great-great-great grandfathers were with the 67th PA, and had the misfortune of being captured at Second Winchester, to spend the next couple months at Libby Prison and Belle Isle. And Eric, if it's YOU doing the promoting, it's not shameless. I love your books.

Thank you, Rob. I appreciate it. I hope you enjoy it.

I've never particularly enjoyed blowing my own horn, and I'm not good at it.

By all means, those of us who thoroughly enjoy your work will Bee glad to herald the arrival of your latest book. As I have mentioned elsewhere: I am on my second book by Eric, One Continuous Fight, and I cannot say enough about how much I enjoy his straight forward, as-it-was, yet engaging writing style. None of that psychoanalysis projection stuff, rather, just good old fashioned who-what-where-why-when. If the aforementioned were not enough, consider the bonus of good maps, notes, bibliography, index -- and anything else that takes you by the hand and encourages the reader to explore beyond the boundaries of the book.

Congratulations, Eric. I also used Hal for the maps in my book. He is top notch and reasonable. He goes out of his way to make sure he understands exactly what the author wants to depict. As for the shameless, self-promotion part, there are 8 million books on Amazon. Hard enough to get eyeballs on them without staying silent. Glad to know it is out there.

Congratulations, Eric. I also used Hal for the maps in my book. He is top notch and reasonable. He goes out of his way to make sure he understands exactly what the author wants to depict. As for the shameless, self-promotion part, there are 8 million books on Amazon. Hard enough to get eyeballs on them without staying silent. Glad to know it is out there.
I am very looking forward to meeting you Sir. Your book is next up. Thank you.

Congrats. Ever thought about doing anything on the Western theater in 1864?

Thank you!

My friend JD Petruzzi and I intend to cover the Battle of Mine Creek, which was the conclusion of the Sterling Price raid into Missouri, but that's really about it. My friend Dave Powell has the Atlanta Campaign covered, and I've already done a big chunk of the Carolinas Campaign.

Back