Samuel D. Stephenson Company H.,9th Alabama Regiment.

tdstepen

Corporal
My Samuel John Robert Stephenson,born 1796,in York County,South Carolina, went to Giles County,TN before 1820. After 1820,Samuel Stephenson went to Limestone County,Alabama. I believe Samuel Stephenson b.1796 had a son Asa Newton Stephenson who married Elizabeth Elliott in Limestone County,Alabama in 1837. I believe this Asa Newton Stephenson named his first born in 1839 Samuel D. Stephenson for his father Samuel Stephenson b. 1796.
Samuel D. Stephenson married Evaline Bradshaw in Limestone County,Alabama after he came home from the war. Samuel D. Stephenson is buried in the New Garden Cemetery,Limestone County,Alabama. Samuel D. Stephenson fought in some of the major battles of the Civil War. His record claims he deserted at Gettysburg,but who knows. I find it hard to believe that Samuel D.Stephenson wasn't wounded in one of the many battles he fought in.
The father of Samuel John Robert Stephenson b. 1796 was Robert Stephenson of York Co,SC, who fought in the South Carolina Militia during the American Revolution when the British invaded South Carolina.
http://www.archives.alabama.gov/civilwar/soldier.cfm?id=193587

Back