1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free! If you aren't ready for that, try posting your question or comment as a guest!

Remembrance Day's @Gettysburg, date change for Nov. 2013

Discussion in 'Events, Living Histories, and Reenactments' started by M E Wolf, Jan 9, 2013.

1. M E Wolf

M E Wolf Brigadier General Moderator

For those who attend Remembrance Day at Gettysburg each November, please check in with your commanding officers and those in the umbrella groups such as Southern Division, USV, Longstreet's Corps, etc.

It has been 'broadcasted' in one of my units that I am a member of, that the date has been changed from November 16 to November 23, 2013.

Those who have made reservations already will be in need of this information as to rebook and change their reservations to the new date.

M. E. Wolf

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. M E Wolf

4. reading48

reading48 1st Lieutenant

Yes, I was notified by the hotel to change my reservations....

M E Wolf likes this.
  5. M E Wolf

Excellent!

I just hope the independent folks who don't belong to bigger groups don't get lost in this shift of dates.

M. E. Wolf

23rdYahoos likes this.
  6. 23rdYahoos

23rdYahoos Corporal Civil War Photo Contest
    Annual Winner

Word got out in the FVB as well, and we all are making updates to reservations now.

One issue some of the members of my unit have run into is that some made payment at time of reservation to lock in a lower rate, and these were non-transferable / non-cancel. Some of our folks are out $160 or more already. Not sure if the SUV was thinking about this side of things or more worried about the credit-card Generals that attend the balls.

7. M E Wolf

Information has been independently confirmed by Lt. Col. R. Watters, A.A.G. Southern Division Headquarters and Pennsylvania resident.

Have the USV also confirming the information now.

Colonel Mark Way, Cleburne's Division has the information in addition.

It should be reminded that this is "Remembrance Day" in November 2013-- NOT the 150th Gettysburg battle re-enactments, though both are held in the Gettysburg area.

M. E. Wolf

8. Grumpydave

Grumpydave Private

You do know who the Speaker will be for the 150th Gettysburg Address don't you. Why, for goodness sake, you can't have Confederate Reenactors and Obama in town at the same time now, can you.

9. wilber6150

wilber6150 Brigadier General Moderator

deep in the Mohawk Valley of Central New York
    Why don't they just keep the date but boycott those hotels who are doing the price gouging?

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)