NF "Remember the Sultana" documentary coming out soon

Non-Fiction

KansasFreestater

1st Lieutenant
Sean Astin, best known for his award-winning performance in the role of Sam in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, has co-produced and narrated a new documentary on the Sultana disaster. Apparently, the film is complete, because the production group's Facebook page has announced that complimentary DVDs for the original Kickstarter donors to the project will be shipped out on July 5.

Of course, I am now kicking myself for not having been one of those Kickstarters! I'm trying to get more details, so if anyone on the forum knows more than I do, please chime in in the comments. Meanwhile, I encourage you to visit the website.

Last edited:
Thanks for this. Didn't know anything about it or the kickstarter fund. Glad to see more attention is being brought to this tragedy. Sad sad story. I'm a Lord of the Rings fan, so nice to see Sean Astin involved.

I am looking forward to this, but I do take exception. In our neck of the woods, Sean Astin is best known for playing the title role in the Notre Dame football movie Rudy. :smile:

I am looking forward to this, but I do take exception. In our neck of the woods, Sean Astin is best known for playing the title role in the Notre Dame football movie Rudy. :smile:
He was also "Rascal",the ball turret gunner in The Memphis Belle.

Sean Astin, best known for his award-winning performance in the role of Sam in the Lord of the Rings trilogy, has co-produced and narrated a new documentary on the Sultana disaster. Apparently, the film is complete, because the production group's Facebook page has announced that complimentary DVDs for the original Kickstarter donors to the project will be shipped out on July 5.

Of course, I am now kicking myself for not having been one of those Kickstarters! I'm trying to get more details, so if anyone on the forum knows more than I do, please chime in in the comments. Meanwhile, I encourage you to visit the website.
Correct me if I'm wrong but this has not come out yet right?

Back