Reenacting Other Eras

we were at the Accrington pals memorial on the morning when the whistles blew,it sent chills up everyones spine,to be stood in the accringtons trench line one hundred years to the second,standing there in full battle order something that will stay with me forever
I was on Gold Beach on the exact time of the 65th anniversary. I was the only person in sight! Very moving just being alone with all the history thinking about the lads that never saw Britain again.

Re-enacting the American Revolution can be daunting. Do you want be a soldier of the Continental Line or a member of a local volunteer militia? Or do you want to be a British regular? And what time period during the War and what time of year is also something to consider. I put this impression together of one of my ancestors on my mother's side of the family because it was more personal to me. It really helps if you have your family's DAR records to research everything if you're interested in portraying someone in your own distant past. If volunteer militia, how they would have dressed, what type of weapons did they carry, was it a military smoothbore firearm or his own personal small caliber rifled gun made by a prominent gunsmith?

As such, this is my impression of Pvt. Israel Stone, volunteer of Capt. Thomas Eustis's company of the 7th MA Worcester County Volunteer Militia. From my research of the 7th, they "participated in the alarm and march during the defense of Lexington/Concord April 19 1775.
564602_3750129197883_620793325_n.jpg

Back