President Abraham Lincoln (1861)

ColorizedPast

Corporal
President Abraham Lincoln (1861)

Lincoln cool 1861.jpg

Lincoln cool 1861 comparison.jpg

Nicely done.

That's a rough one with the damage. You might want to look at restoration. The damage for this one would not be that difficult and would greatly improve the results. There is also a version with the repairs already done that can be found here.

Yeah, I saw that one after I nearly had this one finished. I dabble in restoration, the most extensive work I did was on Heintzelman. You really are a master at the restorations. I'd love to color pictures you've restored (so many pictures I'd like to color but are severely damaged and I haven't learned how to repair such damage. One I'm looking for is of Winfield Scott standing. I've found a colorized version with no damage, but the only black and white I can find has a huge chunk of his lower body missing. Guess it must have been restored for the colorization.

I go back and forth on the restorations. I'm really happy with how Buford, Heintzelman, and Hunter turned out, just cleaning everything up. On the other hand Tyler, Runyon, and Miles have a certain charm with the damage. Color photo damaged over the years (though color actually tends to fade and distort over the years as well).

Glad you like it, otherwise. Thanks.

Yeah, I saw that one after I nearly had this one finished. I dabble in restoration, the most extensive work I did was on Heintzelman. You really are a master at the restorations. I'd love to color pictures you've restored (so many pictures I'd like to color but are severely damaged and I haven't learned how to repair such damage. One I'm looking for is of Winfield Scott standing. I've found a colorized version with no damage, but the only black and white I can find has a huge chunk of his lower body missing. Guess it must have been restored for the colorization.

I go back and forth on the restorations. I'm really happy with how Buford, Heintzelman, and Hunter turned out, just cleaning everything up. On the other hand Tyler, Runyon, and Miles have a certain charm with the damage. Color photo damaged over the years (though color actually tends to fade and distort over the years as well).

Glad you like it, otherwise. Thanks.

Are you talking about this image? The damage is rather extensive, but would not be that difficult to repair. The colorized version with the repair (below) has selective damage restored. Surprised that they would not have just finished the rest of the repair. Personally I think that some of the repair was not that well done there are a bunch of repeated patterns that could have easily been resolved.

Gen._Winfield_Scott_-_NARA_-_528333.jpg

Partially restored colorized:
TcdjItE.jpg

Back