Post your favorite Reenactment Photos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
I think it would be great fun for all of us to share our favorite reenactment photos. Later tonight I will try to post my favorite photos.

You can upload your photos as attachments, or if they are already online, please post your photo gallery links...

Please only post photos that you've taken, or photos that you have permission to post.

Stay tuned!

Well now... this is really going to be cool! All of us reenactors have tons of pictures from over the years from many events.
Can't wait to see what folks have!

RebelCaptainDave

DSC06902.jpg Here is my first photo, I hope you enjoy it.

It's from the 2002 Gettysburg Reenactment, this particular photo was taken on 7/2/2002.

Two great pictures there! I especially like the trenches. Makes me want to get out to another event in the US (Perryville in October 2009 was my first, and to date, only).
I must remember to pick up a camera inconspicuous enough to take on events, although I always like to search on Flickr etc for things I've attended (and try to avoid being overly self-critical when I spot myself.!).

View attachment 1116

Here is a photo of myself and my finacee at a parade this last June in Buffalo, MN. She's riding Sidesaddle on her horse Lord Graystroke and I am on their Government Morgan Fire in a authentic Mcclellan saddle.

Jonathan

What a great couple you make! Very nice horses, too...my dad's family always favored Morgans.

My favorite picture is in my head as the one I took didn't turn out. It was at the JEB Stuart event in October 2006, in the evening. There was still a little light, but not much. A soldier was sitting on a box in front of his tent, holding a tin cup and looking at his fire. The fire cast it's glow on the man and his tent. It was one of those moments in time, when it could have been any given night during the war.

I was so close to getting back on the field. I started reenacting when I was 13 and by the time I was 18 I had most of my stuff stolen or sold. I recently got the urge to get back into the hobby with my wife's support and specially now that my friends are getting back into it as well. I was hoping to pick up a musket this Saturday at the Ohio Civil War Collectors show in Mansfield Ohio but bad news has struck again. My wife will be losing her job at the end of May. Budget is going to be tight so I will have to postpone any hobbies till she finds something. Anyways here are some pictures from when I was younger:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v312/thrashassault/Civil War/http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v312/thrashassault/Civil War/

First two are Memorial Day marches.
I can't remember where the next couple were at.
The last set is at the President Hayes home in Fremont.

My favorite picture is in my head as the one I took didn't turn out. It was at the JEB Stuart event in October 2006
The one at the Laurel Hill site or is there another one I don't know about?

in the evening. There was still a little light, but not much. A soldier was sitting on a box in front of his tent, holding a tin cup and looking at his fire. The fire cast it's glow on the man and his tent. It was one of those moments in time, when it could have been any given night during the war.
That would have been gorgeous. I keep meaning to post some of the pics I've taken -- will try to make time tonight.

The one at the Laurel Hill site or is there another one I don't know about?

The one at the Laurel Hill site. I used to go every year, but am taking a break from it. JEB Stuart does not always attend, and one year he's was so loaded, he couldn't stay on his horse. It was a fun little event, though.

This fills me with annoyance and disgust. Do something right or go to a NASCAR event instead.

I agree. That is probably why I haven't seen a JEB Stuart the last couple of times I went. They also have a RE Lee that gets on my last nerve. He's supposed to be a distant cousin, and except for the white beard, there is no resemblance. None at all, not even in his character. I think he just likes having people call him "General". Do it right or don't do it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back