1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free! If you aren't ready for that, try posting your question or comment as a guest!

Photos from Pickett's Charge July 3, 2013

Discussion in 'Civil War Photography' started by Rob9641, Jul 3, 2013.

1. JPK Huson 1863

JPK Huson 1863 1st Lieutenant Forum Host

Yes, thank you! I never heard about the Marine reenactment either- will go Google instead of pulling someone's sleeve here. Sounds awfully interesting, whoa! I'm guessing an awful lot of Marines emerged from that with a better understanding of their own ancestors, of course in the 20's a few may have been alive. Isn't that kind of incredible to think about?

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. Rob9641

Rob9641 Captain Civil War Photo Contest
    Annual Winner

Correct. There was a different colored flag for each of the brigade commanders.
  4. Rob9641

Rob9641 Captain Civil War Photo Contest
    Annual Winner

Actually there might have been more people coming across yesterday than in the original charge.
  5. kel1985

kel1985 Sergeant Major

Thanks for posting! I wanted to go this week, but hate large crowds...just have to live vicariously through others this time.
    Am going in August though.
  6. kealbo54

kealbo54 Sergeant Major

WOW! I'm glad I took that walk on Saturday the 29th a photo looking back from the angle[​IMG]

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)