Official Photo Contest Discussion

CivilWarTalk

Lieutenant General
- ★★★ -
Managing Member & Webmaster
Please keep any discussions about the CivilWarTalk 2012 Photo Contest in this thread. Thank you!

As per the official announcement:

How to Submit Photograph Entries:
  • Create a new thread in the CivilWarTalk Photography Contest 2012 forum.
  • Please Post ONE photo per thread please, if you plan to submit multiple photos, please open one thread for each photo. Remember, there is a limit of FIVE photos per user!
  • Please Choose a Category for your photo using the prefix tool, and Give the photo a descriptive title like... "1st New Jersey Monument at Gettysburg", "5th Maine at 137th Gettysburg" or "Reenactor Makes Coffee"
  • Upload your photograph to the forum using the "Upload a File" tool, and insert the image into the text box as a "Full Image" (not a thumbnail!)
  • Please include the exact, or approximate date and time the photograph was taken, the location, as well as any description you'd like to provide.

I want to be clear, on the photos submitted we shouldn't put any replies. I did on one. I was going to on others as they very good. So will just say ones I have seen so far are very good.

I posted a photo of Beauregard's Tomb and managed to misspell Beauregard in the title. Could one of you moderators correct that for me, it won't let me. Thanks.

I want to be clear, on the photos submitted we shouldn't put any replies. I did on one. I was going to on others as they very good. So will just say ones I have seen so far are very good.
No, you can reply and post comments. You can also click "Like" on any photos you'd vote for as your favorite.

You can post replies, you just can't post any more photos on that thread.

I posted "Virginia at Gettysburg" and messed it up - the title of the thread should be "West Confederate Avenue at Gettysburg," and somehow the photo didn't upload right. HELP!

Thank you. What did I do wrong in posting the photo?
No problem, really, you said it yourself:
I posted "Virginia at Gettysburg" and messed it up - the title of the thread should be "West Confederate Avenue at Gettysburg," and somehow the photo didn't upload right. HELP!
So I fixed the title for you.....

But when I posted the photo itself, it wouldn't show up in the message. Only a link appeared. How do I get the photo to be in the body of the message?

After you upload the image you'll see a button appear that says "Full Image" click on it to post the photo in the post. Not to worry, it's confused a few others as well. I don't mind fixing the images.

Back