1. Welcome to the CivilWarTalk, a forum for questions and discussions about the American Civil War! Become a member today for full access to all of our resources, it's fast, simple, and absolutely free! If you aren't ready for that, try posting your question or comment as a guest!

Obama vs Romney

Discussion in 'The Ballot Box' started by Rebel from Finland, Apr 19, 2012.

?

Which one of these two gentleman will get your vote?

1. Obama

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Romney

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel from Finland

Rebel from Finland First Sergeant

Here it goes.. This is not a public poll, so your vote is secret, but you are welcome to comment and share your opinion on this matter if you like.. :smile:

2. (Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
  3. tmh10

tmh10 Major

My vote will go to anybody but Obama. Just my opinion, I hold no malice toward those who think differently.

4. CSA Today

CSA Today Major

No less of two evils between these two – I hope there is a third choice. :frown:

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

H. L. Mencken

5. tmh10

tmh10 Major

Only my personal opinion, I don't expect anybody to share it , but I think Obama is a disaster. I wouldn't hit a dog in the A** with him..

pattyjo and oldpete63 like this.
  6. Rebel from Finland

Rebel from Finland First Sergeant

Our daily magazine said that its now certain that it will be Romney against Obama, so thats why I didn´t make "other" option available.. But you can name your own candidate on your comment if you wish!

7. CSA Today

CSA Today Major

In North Carolina, it’s hard to get a third candidate on the ballot so maybe I’ll just show my contempt and write in Daffy Duck.

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary."

H. L. Mencken

Rebel from Finland likes this.
  8. tmh10

tmh10 Major

Daffy Duck would be a big inprovement over what we have now.

CSA Today and Rebel from Finland like this.
  9. johan_steele

johan_steele Lt. Colonel Retired Moderator

It's the lesser of two lessers... again.

10. Joshua Horn

Joshua Horn Sergeant

They are basically the same, but if Romeny won we would have rename Obamacare to Romneycare....

Vote for Ron Paul - he is for secession.

CSA Today likes this.
  11. RobertP

RobertP Captain

Well, Michelle O. said this week:

Michelle Obama: 'This President Has Brought Us Out of the Dark and Into the Light'

4:49 PM, Apr 17, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER
    [​IMG]
    Single Page Print Larger Text Smaller Text Alerts

Michelle Obama made a remarkable claim when talking up her husband, President Barack Obama, at a campaign event earlier today in Nashville, Tennessee.
    [​IMG]
    "I am so in," Michelle Obama said toward the end of her remarks. "I am going to be working so hard. We have an amazing story to tell. This president has brought us out of the dark and into the light."
    The crowd of nearly 450 folks applauded as the first lady likened her husband to a Jesus-like figure.
    In the book of Matthew, we read, "the people dwelling in darkness have seen a great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up." (Matthew 4:16) The phrase is used to describe the words Jesus preached.
    In Micah, light, however, is a reference to God's words. "Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me," it says in Micah 7:8.
    Either way, in religious terms, light is used to denote the true path, presented either by God or a savior. Or by Barack Obama.

She is a Princeton-Harvard grad after all so she must be right. I'll vote later after much thought.

12. oldreb1343

oldreb1343 Retired User

Ron Pual 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance:

CSA Today and Joshua Horn like this.
  13. civilwartalk

civilwartalk Lieutenant General Owner & Webmaster

I think we should keep contemporary politics to a minimum, no need to add blood to our already muddied Civil War debates waters.

Thread closed.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.