New Items For Opinions

63springfield

Private
Hello again , Picked up a few more small items and was looking for aye or nay on them . Johan Steele told me a while back about the differences in the nipple wrench and how to tell what model it is but I am still not sure . If real what model is this one ? Thanks Dave
IMG_0003.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

M1863 musket tool and the worm is as well. The ball puller is US but I'm not sure of the model. M1855 I think, I don't believe the ball puller changed.

At first blush all look original.

Thanks again Johan , So this is the slightly lighter tool then . I remembered you describing them but I wanted to be sure as I am putting sets of stuff together for M1861 , M1863 and M1864 muskets so I need both types .

The m1855 had 3 screwdrivers. The 1863 (1861) we're only 2 the 1864 has a narrower small screwdriver but I've heard arguments that the m1864 tool is actually a subcontractors 1863 tool. I'm not sure.

Can I ask what you paid as they look quite nice and I'm not sure I've seen as nice a ball puller in a long time.

$60 plus $7 shipping . Ball puller is kinda brown but not pitted . I have another worm and ball puller in almost identical shape . Yes on many rusty ones for sale but better ones pop up . Thanks again Johan . Dave

Back