Need help identifying bullets

Mary763

Corporal
Hi Everyone,

I took a chance and picked up a couple bullets today at an antique show. I didn't spend much on them but when I tried to look them up, I couldn't find anything exactly like them. They look like shorter minie' balls. If anyone could help, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks,
Mary

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

@Mary763
They are civil war. I dig those here in Nashville. They are Williams cleaners but missing their zinc base that inserts into the hole you see on the base

@Mary763
They are civil war. I dig those here in Nashville. They are Williams cleaners but missing their zinc base that inserts into the hole you see on the base

Thank you so much! Can you get that other piece separately and put it together or once it's missing, there's no way to put one back?

The one is the first photo appears to have been wormed, pulled. Every now and then you will find the base. Most of the time the zinc cone has deteriorated away.

The one is the first photo appears to have been wormed, pulled. Every now and then you will find the base. Most of the time the zinc cone has deteriorated away.

That's what I thought those markings were, thanks for confirming! Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for a base. Thanks for your help!

Thank you so much! Can you get that other piece separately and put it together or once it's missing, there's no way to put one back?

@Mary763
Yes, occasionally I'll just dig those then
insert in a bullet that's missing them to make a nice Williams Cleaner. I've seen them at CW shows in camp trash bins.
Maybe a ole digger may have a few if you know any?
I'd just buy a few complete ones!? Shouldn't pay more than $3-5 dollars
for one complete bullet.
Shilohrelics.com
Click on bullets
Click on bullets #1 go to second page

@Mary763
Yes, occasionally I'll just dig those then
insert in a bullet that's missing them to make a nice Williams Cleaner. I've seen them at CW shows in camp trash bins.
Maybe a ole digger may have a few if you know any?
I'd just buy a few complete ones!? Shouldn't pay more than $3-5 dollars
for one complete bullet.
Shilohrelics.com
Click on bullets
Click on bullets #1 go to second page

Yeah unfortunately I don't know any diggers. Thanks for the link to the site, it probably will be easier to just buy a complete one from them. Thank you!

Back