My encounter with a spirit

Awanita

Corporal
We all have our stories to tell this is mine. This happened to me, I am not trying to make anyone believe anything. I just thought it was strange and I am not the only one who saw it. I have posted this on another forum so that is why it says it my first time to put it on paper. Wado(thank you) for reading and I am not that crazy really.

Well, this is my first time to put this on paper to share, so I will get as close to the year that this happened as I can, I know that it was late 1981 or mid 1982. I was around 19 or 20 at the time, and it takes place in Jonesboro Arkansas.

It started when I went to work playing fiddle in a road band, the gentleman I worked for (I will not use his name) allowed myself and the other musicians to use his house as a band house and he stayed in town in an apartment. We practiced our shows there, slept, ate and lived as one big family. One of the reasons that the gentleman we worked for lived in town in apartment, was, he had lost his wife and son, about 6 to 9 months before in an automobile accident.

Now sometime late at night we would hear sounds coming from the kitchen, we just thought it might be mice, or the wind. Then the thought occurred to us that maybe it was the ghost of the wife or little boy. But being four young guys living on our own in a band house, we weren’t afraid. One night after practice, we had some friends over for a small party, girls of course, around 11:30 or 11:45 pm they went home, now I slept on the couch part of the time so this night was my turn. I made my bed and laid down, we had left the light over the stove hood on, I had just closed my eyes when I heard something in the kitchen, it sounded like coffee cups being moved around. So I opened my eyes thinking maybe one of the guys got up to fix a midnight snack, and in the arch way of the kitchen I saw a dark figure standing there with its arms crossed, it looked like a woman, then I noticed that it would raise one arm up to its face, now I couldn’t see the face, it was covered with a black vail.

I thought I had lost my mind. I called out softly to one of the other band members to come here, because it had not disappeared. He came out and sat on the couch, and saw the same thing, we looked at each other and decided to walk up to it, as we did, it began to float backwards, toward the French doors in the dinning room, once we reach the archway, it went though the glass and disappeared.

Well the next morning we told the story to the owner of the house, of course his first impression was his deceased family. Well time went by and we still heard things, then one day a lady friend of his (the owner) came over and I was talking to her about an antique bedroom suite that was in the master bedroom, it was amazing and beautiful. She had told me that it was built for a couple that had just gotten married before her husband was called to serve in the confederate army, in 1862. This really sparked my interest because I have always been a civil war buff, in fact one of my stage costumes or attire was a confederate uniform that I wore, when we would play the South’s going to do it again by Charlie Daniels. Well she asked me if I would like to see the paper work, and pictures that came with the bedroom suite. Boy was I excited, it told of the names of the people it was made for gave the dates it was ordered and built and who built it.

Then came the shocking part two-photo tins of the couple it was made for. The first one was of the wife, which was taken at his funeral he was killed in a battle in Tennessee she was dressed in a long black dress with a hat and vale with her arms crossed, holding a yellow rose. I told the lady, that this was who I saw standing in the archway. We both had a cold chill go up our spine, but what happened next really put the icing on the cake.

She opened the next picture, which was of him, taken just before he left; he was dressed in his confederate uniform. And he could have passed as my twin brother. He looked just like me in my uniform. This was too weird, we told the gentleman I was working for and he took the photo tins out to the woods on Crowley’s ridge and buried them. We never heard another noise from the kitchen.

That is a good story. She walked there because she thought you were her husband!

My dad had an experience like that when a woman told him her family was being bothered by their newborn baby being very disturbed. We're medicine clan and Dad is a sacred person so he went. It was a Shasta mother who had died when her baby died at the spot the house was built - she wanted to take the baby because she thought it was hers. Dad told her it was not hers and she could not take it or the other woman would be as sad as she was. The spirit then went back to her path and never bothered the family again.

That is a good story. She walked there because she thought you were her husband!

My dad had an experience like that when a woman told him her family was being bothered by their newborn baby being very disturbed. We're medicine clan and Dad is a sacred person so he went. It was a Shasta mother who had died when her baby died at the spot the house was built - she wanted to take the baby because she thought it was hers. Dad told her it was not hers and she could not take it or the other woman would be as sad as she was. The spirit then went back to her path and never bothered the family again.
Interesting. She probably didn't even relize she was dead. Living that spot in time over and over. Wado for sharing I am from the wild patatoe clan.

diane, what a beautiful story. I always admire how easily you talk about the spiritual world. No question of believe it or not - just how to handle it. Most fascinating. Thank you.

Fascinating story, Awanita. Both your story and Diane's are very sad but still have an element of beauty to them. Thank you both for sharing.

We all have our stories to tell this is mine. This happened to me, I am not trying to make anyone believe anything. I just thought it was strange and I am not the only one who saw it. I have posted this on another forum so that is why it says it my first time to put it on paper. Wado(thank you) for reading and I am not that crazy really.

Well, this is my first time to put this on paper to share, so I will get as close to the year that this happened as I can, I know that it was late 1981 or mid 1982. I was around 19 or 20 at the time, and it takes place in Jonesboro Arkansas.

It started when I went to work playing fiddle in a road band, the gentleman I worked for (I will not use his name) allowed myself and the other musicians to use his house as a band house and he stayed in town in an apartment. We practiced our shows there, slept, ate and lived as one big family. One of the reasons that the gentleman we worked for lived in town in apartment, was, he had lost his wife and son, about 6 to 9 months before in an automobile accident.

Now sometime late at night we would hear sounds coming from the kitchen, we just thought it might be mice, or the wind. Then the thought occurred to us that maybe it was the ghost of the wife or little boy. But being four young guys living on our own in a band house, we weren’t afraid. One night after practice, we had some friends over for a small party, girls of course, around 11:30 or 11:45 pm they went home, now I slept on the couch part of the time so this night was my turn. I made my bed and laid down, we had left the light over the stove hood on, I had just closed my eyes when I heard something in the kitchen, it sounded like coffee cups being moved around. So I opened my eyes thinking maybe one of the guys got up to fix a midnight snack, and in the arch way of the kitchen I saw a dark figure standing there with its arms crossed, it looked like a woman, then I noticed that it would raise one arm up to its face, now I couldn’t see the face, it was covered with a black vail.

I thought I had lost my mind. I called out softly to one of the other band members to come here, because it had not disappeared. He came out and sat on the couch, and saw the same thing, we looked at each other and decided to walk up to it, as we did, it began to float backwards, toward the French doors in the dinning room, once we reach the archway, it went though the glass and disappeared.

Well the next morning we told the story to the owner of the house, of course his first impression was his deceased family. Well time went by and we still heard things, then one day a lady friend of his (the owner) came over and I was talking to her about an antique bedroom suite that was in the master bedroom, it was amazing and beautiful. She had told me that it was built for a couple that had just gotten married before her husband was called to serve in the confederate army, in 1862. This really sparked my interest because I have always been a civil war buff, in fact one of my stage costumes or attire was a confederate uniform that I wore, when we would play the South’s going to do it again by Charlie Daniels. Well she asked me if I would like to see the paper work, and pictures that came with the bedroom suite. Boy was I excited, it told of the names of the people it was made for gave the dates it was ordered and built and who built it.

Then came the shocking part two-photo tins of the couple it was made for. The first one was of the wife, which was taken at his funeral he was killed in a battle in Tennessee she was dressed in a long black dress with a hat and vale with her arms crossed, holding a yellow rose. I told the lady, that this was who I saw standing in the archway. We both had a cold chill go up our spine, but what happened next really put the icing on the cake.

She opened the next picture, which was of him, taken just before he left; he was dressed in his confederate uniform. And he could have passed as my twin brother. He looked just like me in my uniform. This was too weird, we told the gentleman I was working for and he took the photo tins out to the woods on Crowley’s ridge and buried them. We never heard another noise from the kitchen.
I very much believe your most interesting story. I am almost "certain" I was a Confederate major assigned to Cobb's Legion, and was shot at Gettysburg...I'm going to a past=life "regressionist" in Chicago to find out if my dream of 52 years (same exact detail)is correct. I hope she doesn't freak me out!

Wow! He was you. Your previous life. That's why she stood there so long. Maybe right? I would be curious to know where he was shot and if you can relate in any way to that area on your person. I know that sounds crazy but I'm a believer. I hope you take no offense to my opinion. Thx for sharing your story.

Back