Memphis Parks Decision handed down

Well, it looks like round one went to Forrest! It will be interesting to see how this works its way along the system. It should have an impact on other like controversies when the final decisions come about.

Well, the major Plaintiff, Citizens to Save Our Parks lost big time. They were, and probably will remain, the major money raiser in this very expensive effort. I believe the city's strategy is to run the Plaintiffs out of money. My guess is about $50,000 in attorney fees to get back to square one. A victory to be sure but a very expensive one.

Well, the major Plaintiff, Citizens to Save Our Parks lost big time. They were, and probably will remain, the major money raiser in this very expensive effort. I believe the city's strategy is to run the Plaintiffs out of money. My guess is about $50,000 in attorney fees to get back to square one. A victory to be sure but a very expensive one.

That's one of the things I dislike immensely about lawsuits - the richest guy standing wins, not necessarily who is right. But at least the matter is wending its way through the legal system and some good things may well come of the process.

Back