Members of the 38th North Carolina Infantry

Joshua Cude

Cadet
Hi,
This is my first post on this forum. I have been researching the 38th North Carolina Infantry since 2007. I have 2 ancestors who served in this Regiment, Henry Underwood and John W. Gentry. I have quite a lot of information on the men who served in this regiment, but I am always looking for more. If anyone has any personal information ( photos, letters, family stories, place of burial etc. ) about any member of this regiment, I would love to hear from you. I would also be glad to share anything I have if you are researching someone from this Regiment.
Joshua Cude

Welcome to the forum Joshua.

IMG_20150819_192634.JPG

Hi,
This is my first post on this forum. I have been researching the 38th North Carolina Infantry since 2007. I have 2 ancestors who served in this Regiment, Henry Underwood and John W. Gentry. I have quite a lot of information on the men who served in this regiment, but I am always looking for more. If anyone has any personal information ( photos, letters, family stories, place of burial etc. ) about any member of this regiment, I would love to hear from you. I would also be glad to share anything I have if you are researching someone from this Regiment.
Joshua Cude

Since you've been researching that long, you probably have this

http://www.archive.org/stream/cu31924092908544#page/n781/mode/2up

My paternal roots are in western NC. I've several Confederate veteran ancestors / relatives from the western mountain counties, (Alexander, Caldwell, and mainly Wilkes.) Welcome to the site.

Hi,
Joshua Cude

My paternal 2 x great-grandpa was a 1864 conscript into the 13th NC. He had nephews in the 22nd NC. They were in the same Brigade with the 38th.

Back