cheathamhill_zps4tea6lt4.jpg

Bob171_zpsdeypdbiq.jpg

P.B.%20speegle_zps2bcvglo9.jpg

tonijustine_zpsvpcjgqz9.jpg

PeterT_zpswf4rtpfd.jpg

Gettmore_zpstap8izuc.jpg

farawayFriend_zpsckgrxbnx.jpg

James%20N_zps3adjyw2e.jpg

I have to say that the quality of the photos is always very good and I always appreciate seeing them. Could I make a suggestion please? I'm not an American and many of the pictures are not always recognisable to me, would it be possible to include a short description of the location for each picture in the future? I will of course understand if adding a description isn't practical.:thumbsup:

@Waterloo50 , you can find the descriptions on the submission thread from earlier this month. Some photographers don't want to submit a description, though.

I am having a lot of trouble deciding which one of three is best--I may end up rolling the dice!

We do have one sunset/sunrise pic. Do note that the light is usually better at such times, which is why we usually have so many!

Evidently the understandable plethora of Gettysburg pics from last fall's CWT "Invasion" has run its course?

@Waterloo50 , you can find the descriptions on the submission thread from earlier this month. Some photographers don't want to submit a description, though.

I am having a lot of trouble deciding which one of three is best--I may end up rolling the dice!

We do have one sunset/sunrise pic. Do note that the light is usually better at such times, which is why we usually have so many!

Evidently the understandable plethora of Gettysburg pics from last fall's CWT "Invasion" has run its course?
Thank you, I feel like I know Gettysburg pretty well despite having never been there and that is mainly due to all the wonderful photos that have been posted on the forum, I would also add that Gettysburg Greg has provided us with some fantastic pictures and his pictures have become quite a valuable resource for me.
I also had a difficult time choosing a single picture, they are all really very good, as a rule of thumb I go with the picture that holds my interest the longest, for me personally its not always about the composition of the photo but rather the subject matter which is why I was asking about a short description. :thumbsup:

Yes, very hard to choose among such excellent examples.

I finally picked #5 but only because I have started writing a short piece about The Cornfield.

A sunset, I'm a Brit, what's a sunset, in fact....what is a sunrise, what is this strange thing that you keep calling 'sun'.

the concept of sunset describes the time in the morning when you begin to actually see the rain

as usual, i knew immediately which will win and that's not the one i picked

edit: that's obviously sunRISE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back