Impressions Looking for "Best of the Best" reenactor photos

If you browse through the annual and monthly photo contest threads you'll see a number of reenactor photos....of course you'll have to contact the posters to get permission to use any that appeal to you.

Reactions: ami
I appreciate everyone's support. I was hoping for volunteers to share pictures so I knew I had permission. And I was hoping that some of the experts on this forum could tell me what was the most authentic.

AUG351, do you know anyone with the "Liberty Rifles" so I can ask permission to use the photos on that site. Some of the reenactors on that site have some great impressions.

I appreciate everyone's support. I was hoping for volunteers to share pictures so I knew I had permission. And I was hoping that some of the experts on this forum could tell me what was the most authentic.
Browse the forum, read the comments and descriptions and you will learn as you are browsing. Any old yahoo can supply pictures and claim them authentic. Learn about the subject and you will have a better idea if they are authentic or spitting moonshine.

I'm 11 months behind the curve here, but the good guys in the Liberty Rifles gave me permission to use this photo on the cover of my first Civil War novel, Whittled Away. So, I imagine they'd be fine with it being seen here. I get lots of compliments and questions about that photo. It's in the Liberty Rifles gallery, taken at Maryland My Maryland in 2012. Of course, they are portraying Hood's Brigade of Texans, so I'm keen on it.
on the Firing line 2.jpg

I would like to see end result if you use this one thank you.

Edit
1st Louisiana special battalion Co. B "Tiger Rifles"

Attachments

• 20180428_141345.jpg
    20180428_141345.jpg
    719.6 KB · Views: 151
HI,

I am looking for EXCELLENT reenactor photos to serve as guides for artists. Action poses would be great if I can get them. Even better if the reenactor is youthful and of an appropriate weight and body type.

Thank you

[email protected]
Welcome to the forums; you might like some of my threads featuring my photos from past events like 1998 Gettysburg: https://civilwartalk.com/threads/with-the-frontier-battalion-at-gettysburg-135th-july-1998.100263/ or 1983 Vicksburg: https://civilwartalk.com/threads/tw...-living-history-in-vicksburg-nmp-1983.124546/ Back then there were fewer problems with overage and overweight infantrymen! (I have other threads of older events as well as these but these have some of the best photos.)

Back