Lookalikes?

DixieRifles,

Forrest was not Indian but did have Cherokee relations. His paternal uncle married a Cherokee - Hezekiah Forrest, his cousin, was half and is the family member William Hezekiah Forrest was named after.

p.s.
There was thought to be some Creek or Cherokee in the Beck family, his maternal side, but it was the Baums - a brother had married an Indian. That gave Forrest another Indian cousin but still no Indian blood! (That may have been the very elderly relation Forrest stayed with after Brices Crossroads - not sure, though.)

Is this a Vampire outing?

Not really - as vampirism is only an interpretation of Lee´s longevity. Bram Stoker´s Dracula came out in 1897 I thin k - and old men he already was at this time. What do you think inspired Dracula, hm? You have the answer. So it´s interesting to see that Mr. Lee played himself in several fictional autobiographical movies about his life and presumed further deaths. :happy:

for over 4 years (06-10) I had to put up with people saying I look like John McCain. Total strangers some of who were security guards would say it.My vote in the last election was personal, I didn't like being called a man who was 20 years older then me.

I'd have never thought of Clint Eastwood as Lincoln - but looks like he could do it! He's still got those striking blue eyes, too, like Abe had. Quite a student of the CW.

Eastwood also played a Confederate in The Beguiled, one of the eeriest westerns ever made! Also, Rowdy Yates had been a Confederate POW and many of Gil Favor's crew were former Confederate vets - which was very true of the old cattle drives. (They did a show where a nutty ex-Confederate general wanted to create a Confederate empire in the Southwest.)

Slight correction, diane...Eastwood played a wounded Union soldier at a Southern girls boarding school.

Yeah, great thread, definitely. I agree with GE that The Titanic Dude is a dead ringer for Sorrel. I have to say that the females that I know though happen to be more smitten with Depp than Titanic Dude, I mean, it's almost a universal infatuation with every female I've ever known it seems, and I'm getting that impression here on this site as well. The Babes of CWT like Depp. What is it about that guy? I and my fellow male members of The Lonely Hearts Club wanna know.:furious:

Henry
Hahaha, post deleted... thought you were talking about Leonardo DiCaprio. :nah disagree:

I can tell you what´s with this guy. Though I´m a heterosexual male who´s more straight then a symetrical line this Depp ist just a person that can and must be described as beautiful. Besides this he is bringing up some kind of "style" without commercial first-world-******** advertising, he can play guitar and has had a great number of excellent and cult movie roles (including voice acting like Rango). To say it clear: He has the jar of dirt, savvy?
The late, great Texas writer Molly Ivins called this quality Elvis. She predicted that Mike Dukakis could not win the election because he had no Elvis. Molly allowed that Dukakis' wife Kitty, however, did have some Elvis.

Johnny Depp has Elvis oozing out his ears. (If you will.)

Ha! Now that's actually not bad- in looks if you think about it! I didn't think about Eastwood/Sherman because I'm still annoyed with him about Josie Wales. :smile: I liked the movie, always get irritated with the premise. I'm not allowed to say so out loud anymore..... my husband would like to watch it in peace. He does look kinda like Sherman!

Clint might have been a great Sherman, 20 years ago. Are we talking today or what might have been?

On the other hand, Sherman was more than a bit frenetic. Can y'all imagine Clint Eastwood as nervous and jerky? He is a fine actor, but only when the role calls for calm, cool, and determined. Sherman can only be played by a Jack Nicholson type. He can play a flake while being calm. And that was Sherman.

Clint as Sherman could work in clint's early years.

sherman2.gif

ClintEastwood.jpg

Compared to Sherman, however, Clint was rather large. Poetic license, anyone?

A casting director's nightmare: look alike? Same size? Box office?

Compared to Sherman, however, Clint was rather large. Poetic license, anyone?
I think that could be worked around with camara angles, Ole. I thought Sheen did a good job of Lee in Gettysburg but I thought Lee was taller than Sheen.

Back