Live fire rifle

Gettys63

Cadet
I'm seeking for Civil War rifles that can use live ammunition. Where can I purchase it? How can you be sure to identify rifle reproduction use only for replica or live fire. I'm looking for 1861 Springfield rifle that can shoot with minie ball.

They are great as is Dixie Gun Works.

Thank you!

One thing I don't understand those musket rifles (single shot) cost more than compare to modern assault rifle (multi-shots). Why's that?

Thank you!

One thing I don't understand those musket rifles (single shot) cost more than compare to modern assault rifle (multi-shots). Why's that?
They're non standard compared to modern arms. More wood, more work to manufacture. Also the antiques are 150+ years old and will hold their value as good or better than any synthetic stocked modern rifle. For me I suggest forget the modern repops and go shootable original or custom. In firearms and in life you get what you pay for.

I wish the N-SSA would expand West of the Mississippi. For me to take part, I'd have to drive 3-400 miles to the nearest skirmish

Send them a message, see if they are area of other like-minded individuals in your immediate area. If not, start a thread over there and see if you can't snowball up a squad.

Frontrank's recommendation is excellent - whereabouts in the county are you, Gettys? It might behoove you to attend a Live Fire first, before you purchase.

Do you want it for competition? Pure fun? To reenact or recognize some relative who served? How tall are you? What's your experience to-date with weapons in general? All of these questions would help tailor more-specific answers and guidance.
I'm seeking for Civil War rifles that can use live ammunition. Where can I purchase it? How can you be sure to identify rifle reproduction use only for replica or live fire. I'm looking for 1861 Springfield rifle that can shoot with minie ball.

After you purchase your musket, I recommend looking into the N-SSA

Back