List of 322 African American Civil War Veterans from Williamson County, Tennessee

cahalanjones

Private
I've posted here before looking for advice and help, and you have all been so very helpful and gracious. I wanted to come back and let you know that on Friday - for Veterans' Day - I posted on my blog a list of all the men's names that I have been able to identify, so far, who served in the Civil War from Williamson County. 38 served with the Confederates as body servants and 284 served in the Union forces (13 in the US Navy and 271 in the US Colored Troops). My blog goes into more detail about how I decided to include them on my list. Where possible, I've hyperlinked from their names to their military records on Ancestry.com or my Flickr account with other information. I hope this might be helpful or interesting to others out there researching these men or others.

Thanks again for all the past help - I'm sure I will be back again soon seeking more advice,
Tina
http://usctwillcotn.blogspot.com/2016/11/veterans-day-post-honoring-williamson.html

Back