Let the Pilgrimage Begin, CWT Reunion in Gettysburg Weekend of Sept 16th thru Sept 18th. 2016

Let the Pilgramiage begin. Let's mark our calendars for the weekend of Sep 18th and invade Gburg in force.
The Good Lord willin' amd the Creek don't rise, I will be there.

Now we need an organizer; someone who cam find a motel were we ALL can stay. We may not need a guide, but we need an itinerary to accommodate the day-trippers.

In 2012 we had a get-together that was memorable. It wasn't perfect, and such can't be duplicated, but we had lots of glad.

It's a two-day one-way trip for me. And I suspect some would fly in.

I will carry with me forever the memories of that weekend. I would very much like to do that again before the coming of the dark.

Let the Pilgramiage begin. Let's mark our calendars for the weekend of Sep 18th and invade Gburg in force.
I was going to start whining about short notice and the unfairness of it all to those of us in the West, but then I realized, oops, it's December. Even McClellan could have gotten from here to there with this much warning and no opposition anywhere along the route, I think.

The Good Lord willin' amd the Creek don't rise, I will be there.

Now we need an organizer; someone who cam find a motel were we ALL can stay. We may not need a guide, but we need an itinerary to accommodate the day-trippers.

In 2012 we had a get-together that was memorable. It wasn't perfect, and such can't be duplicated, but we had lots of glad.

It's a two-day one-way trip for me. And I suspect some would fly in.

I will carry with me forever the memories of that weekend. I would very much like to do that again before the coming of the dark.

Ole, I think @MRB1863 did a great job this year with organizing something. Maybe we should soon open a new thread for that meeting. I can only tell that meeting you all would make this the best vacation ever for me...

Last edited:
Ole, I think @MRB1863 did a great job this year with organizing somerhing. Maybe we should soon open a new thread for that meeting. I can only tell that meeting you all would make this the best vacation ever for me...
It would be difficult to replicate our 2012 get-together, but it is worth a try/

It's been suggested in another thread to hold a CWT weekend in Gettysburg on the weekend of Sept 16th - 18th as Faraway Friend will travel across the pond and would like to meet as many of her CW comrades as possible on her short visit. I among others think this is an excellent Idea for us to meet and get to know one another.

So far we have several members who have expressed an interest in making this little visit actually happen. I was delighted to learn that @ole , @MRB1863 , @Eric Wittenberg , @R. Alex Raines , @PeterT , @pamc153PA , myself and I'm sure if we organize it properly many others would like to attend. I will do all I can to assist. Let's really try to plan something special. There are a lot of really good and knowledgeable people on this site and sometimes I think I spend more time here than anywhere else. I enjoy you all and hope we can together make something happen. I'm sure @ami and at @civilwartalk would support a reunion and we can even have games and giveaways with some of our no longer needed CW collections. Live Trivia, If Eric's schedule permits a lecture or even tour would be awesome. Who knows what we could make it into. My bet is we could make it a very memorable event. Let's see where it goes. Thanks everyone.

What a wonderful thread!! Indeed I would like to meet as many co-members as possible at Gettysburg and a lecture or a tour with Eric Wittenberg would be the cream on top. I think we are all more or less addicted to this site and meeting fellow "willing victims" would be just great! @JPK Huson 1863 and @Northern Light, what do you think? Would you like to join us?

A lot depends on my health (fine so far, but my 80th birthday is only 5 days away, so I can't predict 9 months down the road), but I would love to combine such a trip with a visit to my son in Ohio afterwards. So call me interested but uncertain at this point!

I'd dearly love to meet FarawayFriend, Eric and the rest of you, so I hope that things work out!

Subscribed. I am somewhat local, so I'll keep an eye on the progress and hope to be able to join everyone. That is also the Antietam anniversary weekend, so I will have to decide between the two, or maybe do one day each. A guided tour would definitely sway me in the direction of Gettysburg. Just sayin' :wink:.

What a wonderful thread!! Indeed I would like to meet as many co-members as possible at Gettysburg and a lecture or a tour with Eric Wittenberg would be the cream on top. I think we are all more or less addicted to this site and meeting fellow "willing victims" would be just great! @JPK Huson 1863 and @Northern Light, what do you think? Would you like to join us?

With this much advance notice, I can certainly deal with it.

I'm in!

And this time, @Eric Wittenberg , I'll make sure to get to the meeting place on time if you do a tour. Wouldn't want you to leave without me.:wink:

May I suggest an East Cavalry Field tour perhaps?

That's actually what I had in mind, Pam. Great minds think alike. :smile:

Back