Forrest Featured Larry Cockerham passed away

EricJacobson

Sergeant
I'm not sure where else to post this, and perhaps news has already been posted somewhere else, but I just learned Larry Cockerham passed away yesterday. I am shocked and saddened. I have known Larry for several years now and he was a good and decent man. He will be missed.

I am so sorry to hear this.

My condolences and prayers to his family and friends.

His CWT family has lost a good friend in Larry.

Requiescat in pace fidus achates (rest in peace faithful friend)

--BBF

I'm obviously not speaking in any kind of official way, but those of you who have been around for a while can guess what I'm saying is from the heart--if you'd like to remember Larry, an easy and nice thing would be to send a contribution to continue his work on the Forrest Boyhood Home. I'm sure we'll get more information later, but there is nothing he mentioned more while on this forum. Since he won't be around to give you constant reminders, I will.

I'm just stunned by this. He was a wonderful man, no spite or pettiness at all. Could be very funny. Certainly knew his NBF very well, but his knowledge of Tennessee during the war was really extraordinary. What a sad day. Thoughts and prayers with his family.

I'm obviously not speaking in any kind of official way, but those of you who have been around for a while can guess what I'm saying is from the heart--if you'd like to remember Larry, an easy and nice thing would be to send a contribution to continue his work on the Forrest Boyhood Home. I'm sure we'll get more information later, but there is nothing he mentioned more while on this forum. Since he won't be around to give you constant reminders, I will.

Thanks, Nate. Good idea.

This is a shock. I checked the Nashville Tennessean, but no obituary has yet been posted.

Although we'd never met in person, I consider Larry a friend. He and I have shared many things in messages over the years. The forum has lost a major contributor and supporter.
Our ancestors on both sides of the war have lost an advocate for their honor.

Rest in peace, Larry.

Back