Jefferson Civil War Symposium

bdtex

Major General
★★ Sr. Moderator
Silver Patron
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
I'm sure some of you are already familiar with this event. I heard about it last year,but didn't know when it was and by the time I looked into it I had already missed it. Definitely going this year. Looks like it is located where some members from Louisiana and Arkansas could easily drive there too. Looks like at least a 4 hour drive from my house. One of the CWT members is a speaker at this year's Symposium which is the 5th Annual Symposium.

Attachments

• Jefferson-Civil-War-Symposium.pdf
    2 MB · Views: 382
I'm looking forward to it, too. I don't know Mark Christ, but Grear is a prolific author and (as we learned at the Houston CWRT) an effective speaker. I've never met Vicki Betts, but have correspended with her, and she's done yeoman's work transcribing and cross-referencing many hundreds, probably thousands, of period newspapers and documents. This event should be great fun.

@Nathanb1 and her husband Neil, @wayne jackson and I attended the symposium in 2013 and found it quite interesting! I may have to try to swing this, especially since it's only an hour-and-a-half drive for me.
I hope you do. It would be nice to meet you in person.

I'm looking forward to it, too. I don't know Mark Christ, but Grear is a prolific author and (as we learned at the Houston CWRT) an effective speaker. I've never met Vicki Betts, but have correspended with her, and she's done yeoman's work transcribing and cross-referencing many hundreds, probably thousands, of period newspapers and documents. This event should be great fun.
Mark Christ's topic is also Ed Bearss' topic at our January 2017 HCWRT meeting.

I saw the Program. Bet it was a good one.

A reenacting friend of mine George Susat also attended and set up a display of his original Confederate long arms and accouterments that we drooled over during the breaks. It's always possible he might come again since that was his second time. I didn't get to go to either of the last two because of vacation conflicts.

Made hotel reservations today.

Sounds wonderful as always...but it's awfully close to our launch date for Gettysburg....we'll have to see.
Y'all going to the CWT Pilgrimage in September?

Back