James Longstreet and Robert E. Lee at Gettysburg

JOG

Private
_DSC4642.JPG
_DSC5483.JPG
_DSC5483.JPG

Yes,In the movie Gettysburg, Longsteets beard looked a little fake!
I agree with that.
JOG

Tom Berenger should have been given a year to grow a real beard.To make it a little more realistic.Not to take any thing away fronm his performance,he was great! Sam Elliot and Martin Sheen were also fantastic to.When I was down for the 149 gettysburg reenactment last year,the fellow that play A.P. Hill in the movie.Mr. Falco said it was a big joke on the set,every time the director would call actionTom would call beard and break up everybody.Here is a photo of Mr.Falco
_DSC0391-001.JPG

Saw his presentation at the 150th Antietam.It was not quite what I expected,but entertaining just the same.He sent me a photo of the framed piece on his wall at his home.It was fun.Quite a nice gentleman.I have been to two reenactments where "Lees Lts." were and the guy that plays Hill for them was at niether,so I couldnt see his impresssion or talk with him.But Falci was fun,and invited me to the 100th commemeration of the Hill marker at Petersburg.Its sometimes a bit F---by to see these guys at an event,but its really fun too,They all know thier stuff.
dsc02213.jpg
dsc02213.jpg

Back