Is the civil war still being fought..??(not what you may think)

YankeeDoodle

Corporal
Annual Winner
newlog_o.gif

The Holographic UniverseDoes Objective Reality Exist?

By Michael Talbot
3-12-6

In 1982 a remarkable event took place. At the University of Paris a research team led by physicist Alain Aspect performed what may turn out to be one of the most important experiments of the 20th century.

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart.

Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing. The problem with this feat is that it violates Einstein's long-held tenet that no communication can travel faster than the speed of light. Since traveling faster than the speed of light is tantamount to breaking the time barrier, this daunting prospect has caused some physicists to try to come up with elaborate ways to explain away Aspect's findings. But it has inspired others to offer even more radical explanations.

University of London physicist David Bohm, for example, believes Aspect's findings imply that objective reality does not exist, that despite its apparent solidity the universe is at heart a phantasm, a gigantic and splendidly detailed hologram.

At its deeper level reality is a sort of superhologram in which the past, present, and future all exist simultaneously."

So what he is saying is that the Civil War and all other events are still going on in a different reality and we do not see them only because ...because..oh who knows why! !....I cant figure this out..But just for fun I thought I would post it.. ! have fun figuring out this one...bet no one though anyone would post this on this forum !!! ha ha.. When you can figure this out let us know! Have fun everyone! Let us know when you find the answer and say Hello to President Lincoln when you do!! :showoff:

It's an interesting phenomenon. Of course, some might say that the deeper level of reality is actually God, of whom timelessness can be plausibly argued. He is not bound by time, having created time (which could not exist until at least two material objects existed, requiring space between them and hence "time" of transition). He is always viewing past, present and future which are concepts applicable to us but not to Him. It goes a long way to explaining omniscience, let alone omnipresence. One wonders if, post death, it would be possible to "view" the War of the Rebellion as God might do so. That would be peculiar for those who died in the war, no doubt!

[QUOTEUniversity of London physicist David Bohm, for example, believes Aspect's findings imply that objective reality does not exist, that despite its apparent solidity the universe is at heart a phantasm, a gigantic and splendidly detailed hologram.[/QUOTE]

Then, then the Matrix really exists! OMG!!

I'm not sure timelessness equates to a lack of objective reality. Nor is a hologram the same thing as a phantasm - it's a real hologram.

This isn't new news but it's certainly an interesting thing to think about. People have theorized about how it could be used for instantaneous communication across great distances.

It sounds like the electrons just crashed into philosophy and nobody knows the answer!

I am juuuust barely smart enough to stand on my tiptoes and peek over the edge of this discussion. So that's all I got!

What a great phenomenon!!! I question that thought almost every day, because there are still many people who want the south to rise again and it may become a problem so in some way I totally agree the war between the states is continuing.

I'm not sure timelessness equates to a lack of objective reality. Nor is a hologram the same thing as a phantasm - it's a real hologram.

This isn't new news but it's certainly an interesting thing to think about. People have theorized about how it could be used for instantaneous communication across great distances.
But the deeper question is Hologram of What????

Back